• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windshield phone mount

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

attack

Anyone have any recommendations for a phone mount? My wife has an iphone 5 with a mophie case, so it's bulkier and hard to find one that works. Has anyone used anything that has a claw or something that is adjustable?

Any input appreciated!

If it wasn't for the lightning cable I'd say the mount Verizon has branded for the Droid DNA.. I dont know why they branded it for the DNA, it fits about anything with a ~4 inch + screen.

I had a claw-type mount for a while -- I had it hooked onto air vents, then onto my windshield. Hated it. Every time I got in, I would need to adjust it to hold the phone, every time I got out, I would need to struggle with it to get the phone out.

You mention window-mount, but I thought I would mention another option.

My brother got me a Mountek nGroove Snap as a gift, and I love it. It's a magnetic mount that sits in the CD slot. I have a big, heavy phone (Samsung Galaxy S3, plus an Otterbox Commuter case), and it has no problems holding it in place.. it's never fallen off, and there's no adjustment, just put my phone near it and it snaps on magnetically, then pull it off when I leave. If I need to access the CD slot, I can take the mount off without much effort. Highly recommended.

Back