• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wife needs a new PC, suggestion please.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Your site is broke or I due to my Kaspersky.

OCnoob. All your links don't work.

Cut N paste to the task bar, no workie.

I'll just buy stuff, thanks anyway.

Ohh, if within yuour login, then it might be diff.
Logout and then post links.

no its all you my friend, i dont have any issues pulling up any of the links.

These new AMD FM1 apu's are really something, I wonder how the performance is compared to how cheap they are.

Here is what I would go with:

Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 34.99
HDD: WD Blue 1tb Drive 59.99
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-AM1M-S2H AM1 34.99
RAM: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 44.99
CPU: AMD Athlon 5150 Kabini 1.6GHz 54.99
Power Supply: Thermaltake TR2 TR-500 500W 44.99

Subtotal: 274.94

And obviously, it would be even cheaper considering you already have some parts.

I mean I could probably drive this price all the way down to less than $200 with a cheaper hard drive and one of the dual core APU's instead. I can't believe how cheap these parts are.

I really wonder what the overclocking potential would be for something like this. I have a spare heatsync for a 8320 CPU that would probably give me some overclocking headroom. Does anyone know if an AM3 stock HSF would fit on socket FM1?

These new AMD FM1 apu's are really something, I wonder how the performance is compared to how cheap they are.

Here is what I would go with:

Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 34.99
HDD: WD Blue 1tb Drive 59.99
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-AM1M-S2H AM1 34.99
RAM: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 44.99
CPU: AMD Athlon 5150 Kabini 1.6GHz 54.99
Power Supply: Thermaltake TR2 TR-500 500W 44.99

Subtotal: 274.94

And obviously, it would be even cheaper considering you already have some parts.

I mean I could probably drive this price all the way down to less than $200 with a cheaper hard drive and one of the dual core APU's instead. I can't believe how cheap these parts are.

I really wonder what the overclocking potential would be for something like this. I have a spare heatsync for a 8320 CPU that would probably give me some overclocking headroom. Does anyone know if an AM3 stock HSF would fit on socket FM1?

A good build. Faster RAM would greatly benefit the igpu in any kind of 3D work though. 1333Mhz is sort of the d-bag of RAMs... 1866 or faster would really make that little Athlon sing.

A good build. Faster RAM would greatly benefit the igpu in any kind of 3D work though. 1333Mhz is sort of the d-bag of RAMs... 1866 or faster would really make that little Athlon sing.

Ya I picked it because it was cheap. I honestly don't think you would notice the difference with such a low end APU, I'm pretty sure these CPU's are even limited to single channel ram.

Your site is broke or I due to my Kaspersky.

OCnoob. All your links don't work.

Cut N paste to the task bar, no workie.

I'll just buy stuff, thanks anyway.

Ohh, if within yuour login, then it might be diff.
Logout and then post links.

Must be your kaspersky, they work for me...

So far I haven't been able to find any benchmarks or review on these new CPU's. Hopefully some come out soon, I'm interested to see how these things really perform.

Back