• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Not stable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theboywhowaited

Registered
Hello,

I thought I was stable at 4.5ghz at 1.28 V. I ran through AIDA64 for about 7 hours no problem and ran bf4 for 3 hours also with no problem. I was installing DayZ today, and my computer froze. Also I notice when I run prime95 small fft, my temps instantly hit 100C. What gives?

Normal load: 60ish C

I am running a 4670k.

Full system specs, including cooling/case/fans will go a long way for this.

Something isn't mounted right on the H100 or the pump quit.

You didn't list the CPU... i would guess a 4770K.

How about you create a signature like ATM has with all your info in it.

I did list the cpu in the original post. The pump coil quit and I could still have normal cpu temps under load?

Something isn't mounted right on the H100 or the pump quit.

You didn't list the CPU... i would guess a 4770K.

How about you create a signature like ATM has with all your info in it.

I would also guess bad mount/pump failure.

4670K, its in the OP.

I agree, a signature would do a world of help.

What do you mean by "pump coil quit"?

Sorry, I am at work and on mobile. I meant the pump. So a broken pump would still allow normal load temps to occur? Also, what about the random freezes after having been stressed for so long?

Please define "normal load temps". What is a "normal load" for you?

Random freezes could easily be caused by high temperatures.

The computer idles around 28C and hits about 65 C while playing bf4. While downloading the standalone, temps were around 34C when the computer froze.

Using AIDA64, my temps hit 77 max during the full stress test.But as soon as I started prime95 temps sky rocketed to 100C

Last edited by a moderator:
the 'standalone'? What is that?

(this is very difficult having to ask for clarity in every post, LOL!)

EDIT: and please EDIT posts instead of double posting. :)

Is your ram overclocked as well? If so what is the stock speed and its overclocked speed? There are many reasons why you can BS/freeze. Having a highly detailed signature can help others identify potential issues.

RAM is not overclocked. The standalone is DayZ alpha purchased through steam for $29.99.I will create a signature when I am not on mobile.

OK just to clairify.

In the original post you said Normal load temp=60c.
Then you said you hit 77c running AIDA64 and 100c on Prime95.
System froze while downloading at 34c.

What's confusing about this thread is the 2 issues listed. (temp and stability)
I don't belive downloading from steam will max your system out much and is represented my the low/idle temps. Although I believe your load temps are to high I feel the bigger issue is your instability either with the overclock or something else in the system (such as ram.) Also when you get home and list your sig please include some of the finer details like NB freq/volts, ram speed/volts as all of these can cause BSOD.

Understood. Super noob question, you don't think any of this could be caused by a damaged CPU? Worried those high temps and the throttling from them damaged the CPU.

I also have a t40 Respire air cooler I could mount instead if the h100. Do you think I should try prime95 with that?

He wont have a NB frequency really... but +1 to the rest.

I will check back tonight as this feels like we are spinning our tires right now. :)

I would leave the h100 on so long as it checks out. If the pumps running and the fans are spinning than the only real question with an AIO cooler is the mount.

I highly doubt you cpu is damaged. BS's are "usually" not fatal. Let's look closer tonight after you get home since everything will be just speculation until then.

Okay, I have created my signiture with the specs of my computer. Also, I have not changed anything for OC except for CPU Ratio= 45, Ring Ratio= 34 and CPU Core Voltage= 1.230 (however CPUZ reads about 1.56 V under full load). Everything else is under AUTO.

It's not showing my signature. Sorry, I am still new to this. How do I resolve this issue?

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    498.3 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    486.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    489.8 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
1.56v is way too much for 24/7 on that cpu. For that clock around 1.25 - 1.3v load voltage is right. That explains the sky high temps in prime, lol!

Back