• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just ordered a Sound Blaster Z

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That did not come out correct. Does the OP have a digital AMP, so the sound card output would changed according to the digital process of the digital AMP?

That did not come out correct. Does the OP have a digital AMP, so the sound card output would changed according to the digital process of the digital AMP?

Yes, his Lepai mini amp is most likely digital.

There's a big difference between "hybrid digital" and "pure digital". The former accepts an analog signal and uses it to modulate a high frequency carrier while the latter synthesizes the carrier with a DSP. The former will see improvements with a better sound card, while the latter will not.

I've hooked my sound up in this manner...

Sound blaster z---> Lepai digital amp--> pioneer sp-Bs22lr bookshelf speakers.

I'm actually quite impressed with how much clearer the sound is. I've been playing flac files and they sound excellent. May be placebo but I seem to able to point out certain beats/cymbals that I previously hadn't heard. Also the sound blaster software absolutely smokes my on board audio.

picture.php

picture.php

:D I love the looks too

Back