• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan Controller / PWM Booster / Regulator / Converter / Etc. Thread!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hi,

I can't get access to the thead to order the Custom fan controller.
I'd like to use it on my boat. I have put a 92cm bequiet fan into a
92/120 adapter as a chassis. It schould work from the board battery
12V. On/off + fuse will be an issue too.

Thank you

moreameer IMG_5107.JPG

Welcome to the forums Moereameer. Sadly I don't think BobNova is making these any longer. His sales thread that you are referring to has been relocated to the 'abandoned' section. I've submitted a request to admin to mention this in the original post to help prevent further confusion.

I have been in contact with bobnova off the forum, he has revised his original post to update the status.

@Retrorockit got any pics of that "upgrade" to connect the fan to the Molex adapter to remove the amperage limit on the motherboard header?
OCN lost all my pics. I don't think I had any of the wiring. I ran the 12V wires to the Molex (4 on 2 motor fan), and left the PWM, and RPM sensor to the MB. This gave a fan fail message that required F1 to boot. The error is persistent and must be cleared manually in SYSLOG. I heard that if a small chipset fan is wired in to the MB even with the blades removed it will prevent this. I may have tried a small fan and not knowing the error was persistent thought it didn't work. On the 2 motor fan I just ran 1 RPM wire (the motors run at different speeds) and paired the PWM leads together. Later on I switched to the AFC1512DG fan which runs off of the MB header and at 256CFM never needs to speed up much. You could of course rewire it also. Delll #NC466 if you want try it. 150mmX50mm 1.8A.
In the Dell BTX this replaces the fan and fan housing with velcro, and a little duct tape. I don't know if your working on a Dell or not? I put a connector in the PWM lead so I could unplug it for 100% fan speed for validation runs.
There was 2nd reason for this mod. When the fan would speed up due to high OC the CPU would crash. With this mod my CPU Voltages were lower by .05V. So instead of running the fan the MB could power the CPU only. I not only started .05V. lower but could go .05V. higher to the CPU, so net gain .10V. So I had better CPU temps., more MB CPU power, and with the bigger fan a higher OC limit. This allowed my old Dimension E520 to trade blows at CPUZ with the likes of ASUS P5s.

Last edited:
Back