• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[BUILD LOG] Little Power

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have a wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse that I use for my benching station.
When the Hadron moves, I just use the wireless instead of my G710+ and G700.

Power cable? I only have about 10 spares :p

I'm either headed for a TV or somewhere I can plug in to a monitor.
My four don't move from my desk, being as they're VESA mounted to a 3+1 stand.

I have a wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse that I use for my benching station.

oh. :D cool, i was going to buy G710+ anyway i end up falling in love with the old G510 without s and getting it for 1/3 of g710+ price :D so cheap, also i haven't ever touched mechanical i dont know how they feel, once i touched this keyboard it had exact same feeling as i had i my brain of mechanical :) keys have awesome feeling and coating :)

anyway all the ppl i know always watch tv or dont have monitor :D my 2 cousins are good at computers , they always work with it so i wont have chance to use it :D lol, but they let me use they're pc for checking mails ect ofc, which i use my phone :) but having a mITX sound really fun ! when your in travels you wont miss your pc :D

my current pc is so heavy ! anyway expect from drivers, i guess you can plug your hdd to a friend computer and use they'res ! but still, nothings like your own pc and i think it might cause few problems (drivers ect)

i had an anansi before , worst keyboard ever, i pertered my old Logitech slim !

after upgrading to the g510 my typeracer stats increased to around 75~wpm from 40wpm ( 0_o) typos from 84% to 94% (still high! working on it)

I've had some nice keyboards. Nothing touches mechanical besides another mechanical.

That said, I have a love hate relationship with mechanical keyboards.
Love the keyboard.
Hate that it makes me cringe to use a membrane keyboard.

Just swapping an HDD like that won't always work, be careful about that...

I'm about 85-90WPM and 96-97% accuracy with the G710+.
Nowhere near that with my K120 at work...
Maybe I could use "increased productivity" as an excuse for a mechanical at work... hmm

I've had some nice keyboards. Nothing touches mechanical besides another mechanical.

That said, I have a love hate relationship with mechanical keyboards.
Love the keyboard.
Hate that it makes me cringe to use a membrane keyboard.

Just swapping an HDD like that won't always work, be careful about that...

I'm about 85-90WPM and 96-97% accuracy with the G710+.
Nowhere near that with my K120 at work...
Maybe I could use "increased productivity" as an excuse for a mechanical at work... hmm

I know what you mean. I bought my first mech not too long ago, and it's like night and day. Replaced an intellitype pro 3000 with it, and the only thing I miss is the built in email button.

You could always bring the G710 into work and prove that a mech keyboard is a reasonable request. I've heard of companies getting the "ergonomic" keyboards for employees who complain of chronic wrist and hand pain. If you can prove it, you might have a case.

anyway expect from drivers, i guess you can plug your hdd to a friend computer and use they'res ! but still, nothings like your own pc and i think it might cause few problems (drivers ect)

If you want to do something like that, get a $20 32GB flash drive and download Knoppix, use Universal USB Installer or YUMMI or something similar (pendrivelinux.org hosts a ton of them) to install it on the flash drive, and on the first boot set persistance using up to the rest of the drive. No, it won't be Windows, but you will have direct access to all of your data, won't have to worry about drivers and you can customize it to your hearts content.

I know what you mean. I bought my first mech not too long ago, and it's like night and day. Replaced an intellitype pro 3000 with it, and the only thing I miss is the built in email button.

You could always bring the G710 into work and prove that a mech keyboard is a reasonable request. I've heard of companies getting the "ergonomic" keyboards for employees who complain of chronic wrist and hand pain. If you can prove it, you might have a case.

I've considered just buying one and seeing how long it took people to notice :p

I was mainly going fir G710+

I made a pros a cons list xD

G520pros:

Has lcd
18buttons

Backlight (i never used it and bever thought will be , but my g510's backlighting is so bright and good ! Even in daylight!)

Cheaper

G710+ pros

"Mechanic"

I had no idea what mechanical is going to feel , so i thought im 90% sure it will make me buy it, so also if i didnd i would regret that i spend a 840evo for a keyboard for less features, i better not find out :D

G520 is price of a, 64gb ssd

Lol sounds like i love ssds , but first thing poped in my head (still i like them)

But anyway as i got mime cheap bevause it was old, if i would chose between g520s and G710+ i think its worth the extra 36$ ( i think its 84$ and 121$)

Anyway the lcd is so fun ;) it also shows my net usage which is really good ! Also shows temps ect ! But not something you cant live without ! Or so necessary

My old razer anansi was just horrible
I cant belive i typed with that, i teyed it again after few days of new one, this time it was near 40wpm with 83%~

After that that moment i changed my keyboard to new one and i typed 70wpm and 94% :D

But my keyboard has kind if a problem
Space buttons and wasd wont Work if you dont put pressur, even shen its jumped down, on long trips on games it makes my suddenly stop in middle of way :D but i use autowalk now

Lol i hope they will do it
The same reason i told to my father :D he was telling me thats stupid but ended up with G520 . but it really helped a lot ! Coding Googling making forum threqds about getting help whit making an app x2 times faster
I guess you can also tell them you got used to mechanical and its so hard to tyoe on membares

Last edited:
Completely forgot to show the build with the RGB LED's and 980 installed.... My bad guys.
I promise to make it up to you though, with another Little teaser.

IMG_3960.jpg

Stay tuned in the coming weeks for more!

I love all the tiny comments. You get swept up in how cute and small it is.... then you turn it on and get blown away with performance beyond its size. Love how well everything squeezes into that case. :clap: Well done!

5xDWFyj.gif

That snippet was what popped into my head as soon as I saw how tiny your mobo was. I literally had the movie playing in my head..... a side effect of having young kids. I would've still watched the movie.... just not 10+ times. :p

The movie is awesome, I've seen it a few times myself.

Just for my records, this is the current build:
CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231V3
Motherboard: ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac
Cooler: EVGA mITX
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 4GB ACX 2.0 SC
SSD: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO
PSU: EVGA 500W (Included with Hadron Air)
RAM: G.SKILL Ares 2x8GB 1866 CL10
Case: EVGA Hadron Air

Back