• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Build OC Advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
@chaosjello, shett shett man. I did not realize it had gotten that bad. That is why feel like the dang mobo police most of the time in these forums. People buy what is not known to us as working 99% of the time and then issue after issue for most of them. It sucks and condolences to your buddy. He has a good friend in you to loan him a mobo to use when his cpu may have also been harmed by the board failure. Luck to you and he man. Thanks for coming back and giving a report. It is what keeps us as current as we know how to be.
RGone...ster.

I thought my ears were burning... :p

In all seriousness, drop that MSI board as fast as you can. When overclocking an FX chip with it, it's dangerous in the best case, hardware-killing in the worst. RGone may remember in my thread mentioning my friend attempting to OC his 8320 on that same board. He no longer has that board (the VRM section hit 80+ and shut down forever). Loaned him my old one until he can buy another one. As a side note to that, his processor isn't quite working properly since that event, leading us to believe it was damaged when the board took itself out.

To OP, I know it really sucks having bought something to find out it's junk for what you need it for, and the replacement costing over twice as much. But if you value the long-term stability of your system, I'd strongly recommend buying a proper 990FX board. Best of luck, fellow enthusiast.

right i know but so far its still doing ok isent the 8320 the 125 watt 8 core cpu? i have read so many ppl that blew the mb with 8 core's 125 watt i can see where its a problem cuz it barly wants to oc my 6300 95 watt cpu at 4.4ghz i have alrady orderd a new MB sabertooth is on the way and like RG said hopfuly the x3 will do good in it

i have alrady orderd a new MB sabertooth is on the way and like RG said hopfuly the x3 will do good in it

Man I doubt you will have any issues with the 3 core athlon cpu. Now you can push something like a 965BE SO hard that it will take the board out, but I just don't see you doing that with puter destined for the wife to use daily.

Luck all around man.
RGone...ster.

You'll like the Sabertooth, it's a good solid board and there are lots of users here with them.

well I got an update now that my build is now stable frist thing my cpu blew up the sabertooth so I put back on msi board current build in my sigg I have all 6 cores running 4.47 GHZ with power 1.3250V no turbo no geni every thing is doing very well with the 4 120 mm corsair fans from the rad also cooling the hot parts of the board I play all games on ultimate video on the stress test no lock up or freezing with 3 hours run on the test so thanks for all the help im glad every thing is working and doing very good to how you guys helped me I fell confadent that it will last a long time as it is

Back