• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED what FANS ?!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kurama

I still highly recommend Scythe Gentle Typhoons from places that still sell. They are simply the best out there. The NoiseBlocker eLoop b12 would come in as the next best choice as the closest in performance to the Gentle Typhoons.

I will need to buy anywhere between 3 and 18 of the fans
So I really am on edge about the choice

The magnetic bearing of the gelid sounds pretty badass
And removable fan blades

The groove incorporated in the cougers fluid bearing sounds high quality

And the noctuas,
Ive had a couple on an nhd14 once, they are super quiet true

I need to decide how many rads ill use,
I have 3 of them on my desk just begging to be installed
After that, Then I have to decide push pull or push and pull

i just got done doing the radiator dance with alllll 3 of those triple rads

and i can say, screw going to the gym, just do that one or two times
wholly hell
2 dances with boiled water and 1 with distilled

also, they are smaller than id have thought, each one only holds about 1 cup of water
and here i bought 2 gallons of distilled
lol

Last edited:
I'd recommend Yate Loons if you want something cheap, or the Gentle Typhoons if you're willing to spend more. Both should work great.

O.O I picked up my AP-15's for $20 and AP-14's for $19 from shops still selling. Jesus

The NoiseBlocker eLoops are really good fans, get them in the black/white PWM version

Otherwise, Phobya offers voltage clones of the eLoops in Red/Black and Alphacool offers them in Blue/Black

Is there a test of the NoiseBlockers on a radiator? They have a ton of blades, so they'll be quiet, but more blades trades airflow and pressure for silence.

If you do not need high Cfm fans that have pretty good static pressure. I bought a bunch of these a few months ago and they are on par sound quality wise, with my GT Ap 15's. I actually purchased these, as seen in my avatar, but the non led ones are the same.

Is there a test of the NoiseBlockers on a radiator? They have a ton of blades, so they'll be quiet, but more blades trades airflow and pressure for silence.

Martin rated them directly behind the Gentle Typhoons, so that says a bit. Personally though if I can still get my hands on Gentle Typhoons, well, easy choice.

well that pisses me off
newegg emailed me a cupon code for the COUGAR CF-V14H 4.99 after mail in plus promo code

****in rebate only good for one fan per household
******** lost out on a 100 dollar order there

Back