• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is theATI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition OC worth it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shademon

Hey I was wondering if the Sapphire Technology ATI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition OC was worth $130.00? The condition is used though but I have heard some really good reviews from this graphics card. Is the price worth it?

Hey I was wondering if the Sapphire Technology ATI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition OC was worth $130.00? The condition is used though but I have heard some really good reviews from this graphics card. Is the price worth it?

I'd say yes.

The 270x (rebranded 7870) costs more than $200 new.

I own Sapphire's 270x (the Dual-x BF4 OC model) and I love it.
Sapphire IMO is great. Solid card so far.

+1 to buying that one.

Yes thats a good price, the 7870 is a very capable gamer card and 2 years ago i would have enjoyed getting it for 1/3 the price. It will handle most of the 1080P stuff pretty well, prehaps a few settings lowered (dependable on game) but usualy very high details. The 7870 isnt just a solid performer but it got a (still) outstanding efficiency, there isnt much cards more efficient than that. It is very fine suited especially for SFF systems, because not to weak and not to powerful, its the perfect sweet spot between heat management and "solid performance", so it can be considered a "sweet spot card" when it comes to smaller systems. Of course, a heavy modded Skyrim (over 80 mods) with superior max graphic settings is a hard cookie to crumble, but my 7870 is still able to keep the game in a playable condition so even after 2 years of use nothing to moan.

As long as the used card is in good condition (no artifacting, instability or other issues) i think its a very good deal.

Last edited:
I got mine cheap and I luv it. Solid performer in games and clocks like a beast! Of course I have a modded corsair H80 on it to keep it cool. That blower type fan gets mighty loud at times :rofl:.

I vote yes.

Back