• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the Best AIO in regards to Performance/Warranty for Damages

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

velozzity

OK so I basically have tried both a H100i and a Glacer 240l....Not sure if the H100i was defective but with ambients of 25c in prime 95 small FFTs i was maxing out at 87c more or less, extremely hot imho, I traded it for a Glacer 240l which worked quite a bit better (81c at similar ambients) but after considering that if this thing ever leaked and destroyed the rest of my system since it wasn't a true sealed AIO and more of a hybrid I was most likely gonna have to pay for replacement of damaged goods myself and ended up returning the unit. My air cooler (prolimatech megahalems) gets temps around mid 80's also at similar ambient (seems to work better than the h100i) So question is, without a custom loop, is there any AIO that can compete somewhat (stock performance maybe with fans change only) with the H220/Glacer 240l and also backed by a company who will fix issues if they arise due to leaks other than just saying "Send the unit in for RMA we will replace it" while your stuck with replacing your entire system.

Have been considering the H110, H105, and maybe if I had gotten a bad unit the h100i again because Corsair seems to be best at backing their product and any consequential damages if it leaks...Any suggestions or should I have stuck with the Glacer 240l....Not sure If unmodified if Coolermaster would pay for damages or not...Also I do know no company explicitly says they will in their warranty its more of a good faith effort by the company if they do with Corsair seeming to do it most frequently.

Also I'll reiterate this, I don't have disposable income to just replace everything if whichever unit I get leaks and destroys my systems, hence the reason I ended up returning the 240l so id prefer to stick with Sealed Unit that the company would back (both the unit and and damages) if it ever went bad

You realize that ALL of the AIO water cooling units are multiple components just like the Glacer 240L and H100i, right?

My take... don't go water if you are worried. AIO or custom loops can both leak. Custom seemingly has a higher chance to leak, sure... but if you can't afford to or don't want to replace it, don't play the AIO water game either.

OK first, I do realize that all the AIO are made up of multiple components, and they are in general cheaper made and weaker, but I also realize that some companies like Corsair although not explicitly stated will replace your system in event of a catastrophic failure If it was due to a leak from manufacturing defect. I guess my question should have been which AIO by Corsair (or any other company if people know of others who stand behind you in case of damage) is in most peoples opinion the highest performing...I do have a pair of Gentle Typhoon Ap-15's I can switch out if need be if that makes a difference between stock fan performance and what not.

I am considering the H110 and H105, are there better choices for risk adverse people like me...and I did read where you said stay with air but as I will reiterate, I have seen multiple instances where Corsair has paid for damages if it is in fact a manufacturing defect and not user error.

Last edited:
That (mfg defect) can be hard to prove... I wouldn't put my eggs in that basket personally...That said, not a lot fail like that. I personally have no idea who supports what. If it is not listed in writing on the MFG website, I wouldn't think they cover it.

Again, honestly, if you are that worried, you really should stick with air.

From my understanding and what I have read, Corsair yes is one of the best out there when it comes to customer service. Though you might have to pull a few hairs in the process say if you get a leak and your system gets damaged. One person if I recall correctly had a leak once. Had to send in all the damaged products. He had some high end stuff but Corsair had a cap to $250 only to pay. After a long period of back and forth they finally got most if not all the goods repaired. I think he also payed for shipping to ship to them and they took care of the rest. It's a long hassle and many months without a PC but realistically, the chances of getting a leak are really low. Hell, you got a much higher chance of the pump going bad than a leak. Also, I would add the AP-15s to the AIO. Should see some improvement by a few degrees.

Only reason I brought up Corsair is because I regularly scour forums reading about thoughts of different products and multiple times I have heard people say that corsair has replaced a motherboard and graphics cards etc and that they actually have a claims form set up for such damages...Now back to the original question, in a more edited and direct form...

....Of all the AIO by Corsair (seeing as they are the only company who seem to actually pay for damages if in fact a leak happens) which is the best.....H100i, H105, H110, It seems to me that the H105 has the potential to be equal to the h110 with the right fans (since the H105 is 38mm thick 240mm rad whereas the H110 is a 280mm rad but only 29mm thick iirc)....and that the h110 isn't a huge way off from the h2208/glacier 240l.....so of those 3 am I on the right track saying the h105 would be best way to go if in fact it fits, my motherboard can control fans thru the bios so I don't need a on pump fan controller or fancy lights just ability to deal with he heat.

I would have to say Corsair as far as covering damages. I had an H100i that leaked once, and they were immediately offering to repair or replace any components in my system that were damaged.

Luckily the leak happened while my system was not plugged in to power, so I had no damage. I just wiped off all of the liquid that was on my board and processor and blew the rest off with my air compressor. Then after letting it all dry for a few days to make sure everything was going to be okay I reassembled the system and found everything was just fine.

They did replace the defective H100i, which ironically was a replacement for a defective H100 (fan controller didn't work).

So, it was nice that they were so quick to offer replacement of broken parts in my rig from other manufacturers, even if it wasn't needed in my case. RAMGUY was especially helpful.

As far as performance goes, I think it depends upon how big of a radiator you have room for. If you have room for a very thick radiator, the H105 should win hands down if you have four fans in push-pull. If you don't have room for a thicker radiator it should be a pretty close match-up between the H100i and H110, a Swiftech H220 might be a bit better if you can find one.

Definitely use AP-15's if you have them, they are considerably quieter than stock fans on H100, H100i and H105 (I'm not familiar with fans on the H110).

Last edited:
I would have to say Corsair as far as covering damages. I had an H100i that leaked once, and they were immediately offering to repair or replace any components in my system that were damaged.

Luckily the leak happened while my system was not plugged in to power, so I had no damage. I just wiped off all of the liquid that was on my board and processor and blew the rest off with my air compressor. Then after letting it all dry for a few days to make sure everything was going to be okay I reassembled the system and found everything was just fine.

So, it was nice that they were so quick to offer replacement of broken parts in my rig from other manufacturers, even if it wasn't needed in my case. RAMGUY was especially helpful.

As far as performance goes, I think it depends upon how big of a radiator you have room for. If you have room for a very thick radiator, the H105 should win hands down if you have four fans in push-pull. If you don't have room for a thicker radiator it should be a pretty close match-up between the H100i and H110, a Swiftech H220 might be a bit better if you can find one.

Definitely use AP-15's, they are considerably quieter than stock fans on H100, H100i and H105 (I'm not familiar with fans on the H110).

The Glacer 240l that i quoted in my original post is basically a Swiftech h220 sold under the Coolermaster name with a tweaked pump and different fans, In my system it worked good but as I originally stated after considering what would happen if it took a dump on me and my system got fried I would be up a creek without a paddle, er without a system...you get the point. in another forum both a swiftech and coolermaster rep said since that system if modifiable that they would be most likely unable to cover damages because I would assume it would be hard to prove who was responsible for what, that is why I am back to the Corsair all in ones due to how they seem to handle systems damaged by a faulty AIO....Its not absolute performance I'm after, more like I want the best possible performance out of a Corsair unit since Corsair seems to have the best customer service in regards to damages to systems due to a faulty water system.

Also In case you didn't know, the H110 uses 140mm fans, h100i and h105 are both 240mm rads just thickness and pump difference (not sure on pressures) Also considering I'm not really wanting to buy 4 more fans atm and GT Ap-15's seem to have disappeared (yes i know they aren't making them anymore) I don't feel it would be wise to mis match fans on the radiator so I'm looking for best possible performance either stock (in case of the H110) or the H105 with 2 Gt's.

Last edited:
In my system I worked good but as I originally stated after considering what would happen if it took a dump on me and my system got fried I would be up a creek without a paddle, er without a system...you get the point.

I seriously doubt you'll convince any of the manufacturers to replace your system if their AIO leaks.
Apparently it's been done, which I find completely shocking. I would not assume that you can do it, should it happen to you.
If you're worried about damage, take the slightly less effective cooling route and go air.

I seriously doubt you'll convince any of the manufacturers to replace your system if their AIO leaks.
Apparently it's been done, which I find completely shocking. I would not assume that you can do it, should it happen to you.
If you're worried about damage, take the slightly less effective cooling route and go air.

Why is it shocking If a non-modifiable component that a company sells which is supposed to not leak leaks and a company stands behind it and pays for consequential damages...Its not as if it is a custom system which is alot more prone to user error, and in fact I would expect them to be wise enought to inspect the leaking system and see if it is in fact their fault or user error or abuse. There should be some sort of safety net built into the pricing considering you a paying a premium for inferior parts and have no ability to modify the AIO after the fact.

Anyway back to my original question...because it seems everyone is focused on the risk factor part more that which Corsair unit performs better.......which is really the information I'm after anyhow...any suggestions besides stay with air from anyone who has actually owned h100i up to h110?

ps. it has been mentioned to go with a noctua NH-d14 or whatever the behemoth is, If i were to go that route I would not only have to buy a new cooler but also buy new memory because I currently have Corsair vengeance with high heatspreaders (no I don't want to void warranty and take them off) and I would need both a cooler and memory.

Last edited:
I take my own risk with water, i must be very lucky as i don't even use clamps, but i have mine apart so often why bother.

If you feel corsair will back your parts hop right in, but understand it's your risk.
I had an h100, no leaks but the fans were dreadful.
in one case i have a coolermaster 240, it's great.

If your are so concerned and can't afford a new build if the leaks is damaged your system. Than why are you even considered watercool? A sealed system don't means jack because anything can happen. Stay away is your best choice.

If your are so concerned and can't afford a new build if the leaks is damaged your system. Than why are you even considered watercool? A sealed system don't means jack because anything can happen. Stay away is your best choice.

No I'm concerned about which unit (most likely between the h105 or h110) performs best, I have done my homework and more than once have read actual corsair reps reply on boards stating they would take care of any issues if any AIO they make destroys a persons system due to a leak, hell even a person 6 replies up stated he got the same reply out of a corsair rep.....now back to the original question, which unit is better

(1) H105

(2) H110

I don't need any more advice to the effect of "If you can't pay to play stay out of the game" I just want to know which of these 2 units work better"

I read some reviews but tbh they are conflicting sometimes, note that although the 105 is 38mm thick its still 120mm, but the h110 is 140mm (well 280 whatever) but only 29mm thick.......for those who know about rads......which makes sense to work better, a h110 with the 140mm stock fans or a h105 with those gt ap-15s?

Back