• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

iPhone 5s external speaker system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeadSmiley

Anybody have insight into a good external speaker system for an iPhone 5s? I want to get something nice for my wife's birthday. :D

Like a docking station or a wireless system?
If wireless portable or stationary?

I have been looking at both. I am leaning more towards wireless that can be used as a speaker phone.

One reason I am looking at wireless is that she has a case for the phone. It's not bulky but I am thinking a dock would probably not accommodate the case?

I have been looking at both. I am leaning more towards wireless that can be used as a speaker phone.

One reason I am looking at wireless is that she has a case for the phone. It's not bulky but I am thinking a dock would probably not accommodate the case?

Yeah from what I know, cases = no docking station. At least 90% of cases/more popular cases. Crazy how that works.

I know some DVD/BluRay systems support wireless hookups, even stereo systems as well. I've seen a few different wireless speaker system setups ($80-$200). I personally haven't looked deeply into them myself but I do read the reviews here and there. Curious though if anyone recommends something.

Anybody have insight into a good external speaker system for an iPhone 5s? I want to get something nice for my wife's birthday. :D
DeadSmiley, I have one of these and it works well. You can plug it in or run it with batteries, though I've always had it plugged in so IDK how long the batteries will last. It's a bit bulkier then say a Bose Soundlink but it's a heck of a lot cheaper. I had both and I just couldn't hear enough difference in the sound between the two to justify keeping the Bose for around $250 more.

depending on price, the JamBox are actually really great in sound quality and battery life.
i use it at work each day, and only generally need to charge it up over the weekend and it lasts all week playing music to it.

also has a nice app for the phone to change settings, etc

Well if you are looking for something "really nice" that has audiophile sound quality and will rock the house. Then check these guys out. I have the Audio Engine 5's and absolutely thrash them everyday. Had them for years and they never seem to cease amazing me.

They have all kinds of wireless gadgets and at least they used to do all their testing with ipod's. Believe me it will put a smile on her face every single time she fires them up. Great guys to do business with.

Do yourself and your wife a favor and check them out.

http://audioengineusa.com/

Back