• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a dual AMD card question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Niku-Sama

ok so I was wondering if I stuck my 5770 in my system in the sig with a 7870 am I going to run into any problems with applications trying to use the other card over the 7870?

what I want to do is hook up 2 monitors, have the 5770 on one and the 7870 on another and run apps/encoders/programmers on the 5770 side and output/play test on the 7870 side
basicly so I can run both at the same time instead of opening and closing them both when ever I want to switch because I don't have enough graphical powere to keep them both running at the same time.

I've tried dual monitors on the 7870 only and its good for every day stuff and gamimg on the main monitor with other small communication apps on the other but encoding/programming and outputting and play testing on it didn't work so well

and no I am not attempting to X Fire these cards. I ARE SMRTER THAN THAT

I see no issues.

I run a 7850 and 270x just fine.
I also ran my 6850 and 270x without any issues.

The default monitor is the GPU programs will run on from what I know and see with my rig.

Back