• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HP Pavilion TouchSmart 15-n241ca... What can you tell me about this unit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wha? I gave you the link... don't group me in there!!!

That said, I teach a man to fish so I don't have to be repeatedly asked for fish by the same person after I give them the initial fish. :)

Wha? I gave you the link... don't group me in there!!!

That said, I teach a man to fish so I don't have to be repeatedly asked for fish by the same person after I give them the initial fish. :)

Following that same logic, you and I have known each other for many years. I know that you can fish and you know that I, for the most part, can fish pretty well.

In this particular situation, we are dealing with fly fishing. I'm not asking you to catch the fish for me, but I am asking you to bait my hook, show me how to cast, and where the fish are.

I think I have a proven track-record for learning how to fish. I came to this site knowing nothing in 2007.

Maybe I have a fishing learning disability. I don't know. All I'm asking is that in this particular situation, somebody gives me a step by step, rather than telling me to go read something.

After all, this isn't overclocking. My system bins out the same as Johnny next door for Win 8 installations. Know what I mean? :shrug:

So somebody fill in the blanks for me.

Extract your windows 8 key by __________

download the installation ISO from MS for win 8 on to a minimum ____ GB USB key. Download it from______________

To boot from the USB key and install windows, reboot the machine then ____________

Get the drivers for the laptop from__________

:)

I can't rewrite what I linked. They did a great job breaking it down...with screenshots. The only.thing they are not doing is the actual clicking. :)

I can't rewrite what I linked. They did a great job breaking it down...with screenshots. The only.thing they are not doing is the actual clicking. :)

I must have missed your link. Appologies.
I'll go back and check it out.:facepalm:

edit: So let's assume I get Win 8 up and running after reinstalling, where do I get drivers?

And more importantly, where to I go to make sure the SATA controller on this thing is in AHCI mode before I install the SSD?

Last edited:
Same place you did for w7... Your mobos web page.

The same place you did on your current setup. In the bios. The os is not relevant since it is adjusted in the bios.

Hi Theocnoob,

I have the same laptop as you and I want to upgrade the harddrive to a ssd drive; What drive did you end up installing? Did all the cables on the laptop fit on the ssd drive properly?

Untitled_zpsa5938da8.jpg

Almost 100MBPS HDD reads! Amazing for a 5400RPM drive no?

Back