• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chilled Water Cooling Using Peltier/TEC Assembly Now 17 Months in Operation.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wonder how much $$$ this system has cost you in hydro bills over the past 3 years? :p

Congrats on the 3 year 3 month date!! 4 years is not far away now!

Wonder how much $$$ this system has cost you in hydro bills over the past 3 years? :p

Congrats on the 3 year 3 month date!! 4 years is not far away now!

Figured it out about a year and a half ago when I was concerned about it and actually used a time estimate of 8 hours a day because I only run my machine when I am using it, and my usage varies some days I may actually be on 8 hours and some days maybe an hour so the power usage estimate is a total worst case scenario.

Monthly cost is approximately $17.00 equaling about $204.00 a year, using those time of use figures, the 3 year 3 month or 39 month total is $663.00.

Since my computer adventures is basically a hobby for me and my chilled water cooling allows a 5ghz overclock it is acceptable use to me.

We pay our power bill monthly so it's no big deal there, but the over time numbers do add up, it may very well not be an acceptable expense for some!

I appreciate you bringing this up, at one time I was extremely concerned regarding it but after figuring it out I'm not anymore.

The sad thing is when my wife and I go out for the evening we spend more than that just for one meal.

Last edited:
:rofl:

That's a lot less than i thought actually!
This setup would cost me a fortune since my rig is on 24/7. :(

This cooling is really for pushing a full step beyond the overclock achievable with a traditional water cooling custom loop that is zero DeltaT capable and it is definitely not a cooling solution to leave powered up 24/7.

Hardware wise it would cost $1,000.00 to duplicate the setup with utility power on top of that as a constant expense to operate it.

There is also a side effect to deal with that definitely fits, (for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction), and that is so true for a peltier cooled PC, and that is the heat exhausted into the room from it running.

Which is great in the late Fall, Winter, and early Spring, but not so great in the late Spring, Summer, and early Fall.

Version 2.0 is running great with zero problems coolant temperature range is set and runs between 8.9c ~ 10c and never goes above 10c.

No condensation problems at all, it is very reliably consistent, allowing a 5ghz OC of my 3770K which has never been delidded.

Considered upgrading to Skylake this Christmas but after researching the overclocks attained on the 6700Ks and the total performance output, there's just no reason to upgrade at this point?

So my truck gets the upgrading! :D

My 7700K is now running at 5.2ghz for at least a month now 24/7 stable.

One thing I need to share is the disappearance from the market of the perfect cold pickup water block for the 50mm x 50mm peltier which was the Swiftech Apogee XT or XTL as the newer Swiftech water blocks have a smaller base plate.

I have been searching for a suitable water block replacement for a 50mm x 50mm peltier but so far nothing that wouldn't require a cold plate on the cold side, I already use a cold plate on the hot side with the heat pipe air coolers but I am concerned regarding the cold transfer having to use a cold plate on the cold side.

Thankfully after 52 months of operation all is still working as it was in the beginning, this cooling has far surpassed any and all of my hopes and expectations.

Once I find a suitable water block for a 50mm x 50mm peltier I'll post it, unfortunately that requires actually buying the water block to be 100% sure of which I have already bought 3 and no joy, so far the closest possibility is the EK Supremacy EVO or MX, I can at least share that discovery information. (The Supremacy EVO and MX will work if the base is lapped flat as it has a convex bow which is great for a CPU heat spreader but not great for a flat peltier, but it would require a thin cold plate because of the screws, and the entire injection assembly inside the water block removed to increase the flow through the water block would eliminate the need to modify the water block for increased flow rate..)

Also disappearing from the market is the Thermalright TRUE 120 heat pipe air cooler but there is a replacement for that, but it is fast disappearing as well, the Thermalright True Spirit 140 Power which is a 360w TDP air cooler, I bought 3 of them as I have future plans of refining this cooling further.

Hope you all are doing well! Ryan

Last edited:
Hi Silver Surfer, would you mind if i ask you some question ? Cuz I'm planning to build a Chilled Water Cooling like you did
Is there a much difference cooling performance (maybe 3 to 5 degree) by using only 60W Peltier ?
Can I have your facebook URL ? For easier asking lol :D

Back