• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Troubles with OC 2500k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

szpic

Hello!
Mobo: asrcok p67 pro3 b3
processor : i5-2500k
Cooling SilentiumPC Fortis HE1225

I was following this tutorial: CLICK
And I managed to set stable 4.3Ghz with this settings:
offset 0.005v
additional turbo voltage 0.004V

But In hwmonitor and Cpu-z I can see that mobo gives up to 1.4V. Isn't it little to high?
Here you can find results from OCCT: Here settings from UEFI: and HWmonitor:

My questions:
  1. From the OCCT results you can see that VCORE is jumping as high as 1.28V even in idle is it ok?
  2. Why I dont have option CPU Load line calibration in UEFI?
  3. Do you see any other mistakes I made during configuration?

Last edited:
WAY too high for 4.3Ghz. That is part of the problem with an offset is that at times it can overshoot the vcore you want.

1. Yes.
2. Inexpensive board may not have the option...?
3. I personally use a fixed voltage. No games. It is what you set it at outside of vdroop.

WAY too high for 4.3Ghz. That is part of the problem with an offset is that at times it can overshoot the vcore you want.

1. Yes.
2. Inexpensive board may not have the option...?
3. I personally use a fixed voltage. No games. It is what you set it at outside of vdroop.

Yeah fixed voltage will prevent many of the issues (like high voltage) and to go with the dynamic option takes way too much playing with for the little bit more you may get out of the system. It also is more risky and needs to be watched constantly. Follow the Dogs advice on this until you get into things and know the risk/benefit equation.

Thanks for advises!

But with fixed Vcore will it still drop freq in idle?

CPU Load line calibration option appeared after mobo bios update.

If you leave the power saving features I mentioned earlier enabled, yes.

EDIT: Wrong thread... if you leave the C1E/EIST and in Windows, the power settings to balanced, it will drop on idle, yes. Little point to do so, but, when I used that method, seeing it drop made me FEEL better regardless if it actually did anything.

Hello again:)

I decided to give offset one more change and i got with this setup:
Cpu -> 45x100Mhz
Vcore offset 0.005V
Turbo 0.004V
Power limits max.
Spread spectrum disabled
Line load calibration: lvl 4.

results:
max 1.35V ( better than 1.4:>)
but temps as high as 72C in Prime/Occt or even in Battlefield4

OCCT