• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED I5 2500k on a p8p67 deluxe mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Erik89

Hello,

This is my first post here and I'm fairly new to overclocking. I'm looking for a reasonable 24/7 oc, so I tried 4,1 GHz and ran LinX without errors. Please see the attached pictures of my settings. What are your thoughts?

UPDATE:

4,2 GHz, stable this far (1,5h), max temp: 53 degrees C. Settings:

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
Welcome!

But, due to me viewing at the office, I can't see 3rd party hosted pictures. Assuming you registered properly (clicking on the link in your email), you should be able to host them internally so all can see them and they won't go away in time like most 3rd party hosts do.

That said, keep temps under 90C or so (throttles at 100C) and you should be fine.

OCFinsertimages.png

Welcome!

But, due to me viewing at the office, I can't see 3rd party hosted pictures. Assuming you registered properly (clicking on the link in your email), you should be able to host them internally so all can see them and they won't go away in time like most 3rd party hosts do.

That said, keep temps under 90C or so (throttles at 100C) and you should be fine.

OCFinsertimages.png

Thank you, hopefully you can see them now :)

I can.. thank you!

Temps are easily in order. If you are good where you are at, try lowering the voltage to the minimum it takes to be stable. If you want to push more, keep the temps under the value listed above running your stress test and all should be well.

I have uploaded pictures of my current bios settings. If you have any suggestions then I need them explained in plain text, like I said I'm new to this :$

In my signature is a link to an overclocking guide for your CPU (Sandybridge). Check that out.

But quickly, what I would do is get off offset voltage and use fixed. manually set your voltage to whatever value you were getting (what 1.28v?) on load... make it match. Then, lower and test.. stable? Lower again and test... Rinse and repeat until it is unstable.

Again the object is to reach your clockspeed goal at the lowest voltage. Read the guide, give it a whirl, and come back with any questions.

I got a bsod during stability testing, does this mean I need to increase the voltage or can it mean several things?

I didn't write it down, I assumed it was because of the oc being unstable :/ I will continue testing today, and will post the code if it happens again.. I was running 4,3 GHz at 1,275 V, so maybe it should have been expected

I have updated the attached pictures. Do you think the settings look safe? Testing was done with P95.

@Theocnoob: I have a H100i, not the best but I think it will do fine for this :)

@wingman99: I settled for 4,2 GHz, what voltage are you running 4,8 on? :)

Would you suggest any changes?

1.42 vcore for 4.8GHz:)

1.40 here. It's a crapshoot how many volts you'll need to run the CPU. Only us crazies run them over 1.4 volts. That doesn't mean it's hard to get away with. There's no reason one of these at 1.45 couldn't last 5+ years at that voltage, by which time you'll be trashing it for a new system anyways.

An H100i is way more than sufficient to overclock to the moon on. You could run the CPU at well over 1.40++ volts on that cooler and still get acceptable temps. Highly acceptable.

Definitely go for more than 1.42. On the cooler you have and the board you have, there's no reason not to. Just make sure you have good case air flow.

Start with 4.5Ghz. See how much voltage you need to get it stable and then gauge from there whether 4.8+ is going to come in at a reasonable voltage.

To help yourself out, make sure the pump is on MAX on your H100i and that the fans are on max. It'd be good to have 2 fans in the front of your case, 1 in the back and 1 in the roof as well.

Thank you for the tip. At this point I can run the fans on the H100i at 700 rpm and still get good temps at full load and it is very quiet, which is nice :p 4,8 seems a bit extreme for my use, but I might go for 4,4. Let me see if I got it right: At the settings in the pictures, all I need is:
1: Set the multiplier to 44
2: Run stress tests
3: If it crashes adjust the voltage up
4: See 2

And so on?

Thank you for the tip. At this point I can run the fans on the H100i at 700 rpm and still get good temps at full load and it is very quiet, which is nice :p 4,8 seems a bit extreme for my use, but I might go for 4,4. Let me see if I got it right: At the settings in the pictures, all I need is:
1: Set the multiplier to 44
2: Run stress tests
3: If it crashes adjust the voltage up
4: See 2

And so on?

Thats essentially it. Did you read my 4.5Ghz guide? It's in the Intel Stickies thread.

Back