• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who in the 43!! is CureCoin?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not exactly, coin mining difficulty is based on the total amount of hash rate available towards the coin.

For example - right now if I tried to mine bitcoin with my computer, my system wouldn't come close to the petahashes available on the network with all of the specialized miners and farms. if everyone quit mining at the same time and I tried to mine by myself, the difficulty would be much lower and it would be possible again with a normal computer. I would still bet the value of curecoin is so small that there's virtually nothing to gain, but if you were already going to be folding, it surely doesn't hurt I suppose to get a tiny bit back.

Current value of curecoin: http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/curecoin/

$ 0.011992 (22.13 %)
0.00004109 BTC (19.26 %)

I don't have a calculator available to know what PPD converts into how many CC, but I can't imagine it is a large #.

EVGA did it with $. Now CureCoin is doing it with Ƀ ...whatever :shrug:

Just as long as PG doesn't let them screw up the science.

When curecoin started it was worth 1.32$ or so.
Now it is worth 1 penny.
0.00004109 Bitcoin equals
0.01 US Dollar

Now it is worth 1 penny.
0.01 US Dollar

So why bother?

Still I would rather have all that GPU power in folding, than crypto alone :)
So :thup: to those miners folding away

Now it is worth 1 penny.
0.01 US Dollar
Sounds like it's only worthwhile if the electricity to run it is less than 1 cent per KHW (which doesn't exist as far as I know). Or the miner/folder is living somewhere that the electricity is free for one reason or another.

Can't see how anyone could be making any kind of gain with this currency.

That's a heck of a decrease in value.

How long has it been since curecoin started?

I should mention the price is up right now. For quite a while it was at 1/2 of one cent. 0.005$
That price gain could be buyer manipulation.

ANY return is better than none I guess, but not sure how much is too little. How many CC /day can you get per 100k points folding? that should show how much it's worth, no?

You will earn 12 coins +- per 100k points
That depends how many folders there are. X amount are given out per day, the more folders earning more points, the less each will receive.
As time goes on over the years the daily amount given out goes down I do believe.

I am sorry, I was wrong. I was a little off using old data. Here is how it works. They give out 7488 coins a day.
If you do 100k PPD PPD gets divided by the PPD of the team. It is now 40,500,000PPD
Then multiply that number by 7488
100,000 / 40,500,000 points * 7488 = 18.48 coins/day

So today it is 1 cent per coin, but the coin is up from 1/2 cent it has been at for a long time.

Again a I am sorry for the mistake, I was looking at old data.

I am sorry, I was wrong. I was a little off using old data. Here is how it works. They give out 7488 coins a day.
If you do 100k PPD PPD gets divided by the PPD of the team. It is now 40,500,000PPD
Then multiply that number by 7488
100,000 / 40,500,000 points * 7488 = 18.48 coins/day

So today it is 1 cent per coin, but the coin is up from 1/2 cent it has been at for a long time.

Again a I am sorry for the mistake, I was looking at old data.

No worries. Thank you for the education on how it works.

I want to add that we've been doing well holding them off. We managed to hold them at 4.x months for a long time. We were down to only one week until they over take us but we've been holding them to 2.x weeks for a while. They will over take us but we've been making it as hard as possible for them to do.

Well, we gave it our best shot. We held them off for a long time and made them fight for it. Some time in the last 24 hours, we lost our #4 spot in the world. We are now #5. Still very respectable.

Well, we gave it our best shot. We held them off for a long time and made them fight for it. Some time in the last 24 hours, we lost our #4 spot in the world. We are now #5. Still very respectable.

:mad:
No. 4th is ours. I'll give it all I got once I get my hands on a GTX 970.

Still, 5th is pretty darn good for world ranking :thup:

That was a bummer.
On the other hand, i have just "expatriated" a Hawaii rig to a friends house for the summer, my production has never been so high; home temperature is down to 2013-levels, I'm happy!

Back