• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who in the 43!! is CureCoin?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Curecoin is an 'alt' coin for bitcoin mining. Except, instead of crunching math algo's it is crunching proteins. So basically, it is a ton of GPU miners...

... at least, that is my guess, LOL!

CureCoin is a team folding, although I don't recognize anyone Cygnus-XI sounds familiar.

Not exactly, you have to fold for their team, or you can mine coins.
The mining keeps track of the coins as in any mining being done. And the folders earn coins by folding.

I can see a lot WUs being dumped for better points. Plus all other ways to cheat just to make more money. I do not see this working well for the science in the long run. Unless PG can get a good handle on stopping any cheating.

Just the fact you have to fold on their team I am not crazy about either.

Just think of all the whining and hurt feelings over the point system. The arguments over this WU and that WU and how many points you get.
Now throw in money in to the mix..........
It's not like PG or any corporation is funding this, money out of nowhere for producing nothing of value. Not exactly a good business model. Maybe it's just me but I don't see how this can work.
I guess time will tell how this shakes out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Curecoin is an 'alt' coin for bitcoin mining. Except, instead of crunching math algo's it is crunching proteins. So basically, it is a ton of GPU miners...

... at least, that is my guess, LOL!

Ding ding ding!
Correct.

I'm one of those GPU miner folders.

Of all the crypto-coins out there, CureCoin is probably the most useful.

Interesting, sadly I've put a hold on my mining for a bit regardless

What they are doing in a three hour period took me 13 years to do. I hope they are returning clean WU's as a group. I understand there is an incentive to cheat due to the monetary component.

What they are doing in a three hour period took me 13 years to do. I hope they are returning clean WU's as a group. I understand there is an incentive to cheat due to the monetary component.

How does one cheat folding? :confused:

I'm more concerned with people dumping WU's because they are impatient. :(

How does one cheat folding? :confused:

I'm more concerned with people dumping WU's because they are impatient. :(

There are many ways to cheat.
Dump core 15 WUs until you get better core 17 WUs.
Block the IP addy of the PG servers you do not want to fold.
Use cheats to make the server think your 16 core system is a 24 core system to get bigadv WUs.

If they find you dumping or blocking or cheating in any way, PG can and will reset your points to 0. They reset and ban a whole team if it is wide spread on the team.

https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16552

That's bad business to even mention it.

If one.does this, they are hurting the program, the search for a cure by 'cheating ' like that...

SMH...

That's bad business to even mention it.

If one.does this, they are hurting the program, the search for a cure by 'cheating ' like that...

SMH...

Yes...
I would be very :mad: if they killed the program like that.

Though since the Coin devs worked with the F@H devs and the Pandre group, they must know of that type of risks....

Yes...
I would be very :mad: if they killed the program like that.

Though since the Coin devs worked with the F@H devs and the Pandre group, they must know of that type of risks....

One would hope and I'd be willing to wager that an overwhelming majority folding in that way are honest and fair. However, there is a monetary incentive to cheat which will cause a few to attempt. I mean, its bad business to rob from a bank or to steal in general but if people think that the payout is big enough, they will try it. When the system was just points and no $$$, there was very little to gain from cheating.

When the system was just points and no $$$, there was very little to gain from cheating.

And the sad thing is, they did it anyway. Just to win a points race, or be in the top of the team. Even to get their team in the lead.

PG has ways of knowing if you are doing any of those things and they will not tolerate any of it.

One would hope and I'd be willing to wager that an overwhelming majority folding in that way are honest and fair. However, there is a monetary incentive to cheat which will cause a few to attempt. I mean, its bad business to rob from a bank or to steal in general but if people think that the payout is big enough, they will try it. When the system was just points and no $$$, there was very little to gain from cheating.
Good point.

I can only hope people are fair and honest about folding.
not a fan of any of it. nuff said.

Crypto-currency isn't for everyone. (No offense) :)

Currently have 1mil ppd going to a curecoin pool/team right now (2x290x,1x290,4x280x). If OCF got one setup I'd be glad to join it. I just don't know the first thing about setting up a pool for that type of thing.

Some of them have learned how to game the system by dumping work units. :( I guess it makes sense, though. Money is a far stronger incentive to cheat than points (and even then people were doing it)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=167229.msg6753576#msg6753576

I'm hoping incidents like this are isolated and the most of them are rule abiding. Even if they are doing it for money, more science gets done, so that's great.

so as I see it there is a limited daily pool of coins to be earned. obviousely a folder producing a large amount of wu's or points per day is going to benefit the most. thus leaving very little for a modest folder to earn. that wont entertain many for long as the big time folders will earn the coin. might explain the mass exodus of some big time folders I have noticed lately from other forums. takeing advantage of an opportunity before the death of BA. not sure there is any value in it all as I have not ventured there. just another step in the evolution of f@h I guess. I am a bit miffed at some of the comments in the bitcointalk.org posts though.

Back