• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG Build OFF!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tripleM1515

THE MAIN EVENT​

RED VS BLUE

tripleM1515 vs Kamakasi​

BEGINS THIS WEEKEND​

Starting off in the blue corner. We have an ASUS p8Z77-I Deluxe/WD MoBo with a i5-2400 CPU, corsair vengeance 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1600 of ram, GPU is unknown, powered by a fully modular white 700w NZXT psu, all incased by Bitfenixs’ legendary white prodigy. Builder – kamakasi

In the red corner. We have an ASUS maximus VI impact MoBo with a i7-4770k CPU, g.skill trident X series 16GB (2x8) DDR3 2400 of ram, GPU is also unknown, powered by a fully modular corsair AX860 psu, all incased by caselabs ultimate itx case the Mercury S3. Builder – tripleM1515

Welcome overclockers, welcome to our little show and tell. My name is Matthew aka tripleM1515 and my opponent is Rusty aka kamakasi, we both met each other on OCF and became friends, helping one another out when we can. Now we’re like bffs. Lol j/k.

We both have some build experience under our belts, Rusty with his project Abuse and mine the green colossus. Now we want to build something smaller to make traveling easier, gaming rigs. I tried to start one using the fractal node 304 case but that thing is too small, great looking case but way too small. So I wanted to start over with a different case. Rusty uses his rig for work and is tired of lugging that thing around. that’s when we decided to do this build off.

It started off being exciting and anxious when we talked about these builds to now where its motivating and competitive. And now were enemy’s.

So let the games begin. Hope everyone enjoys.

Hey guys, Rusty here. I'm a budget builder and my quality isn't EXTREME. But i put alot of heart into my builds and i believe that is what counts also. Matthew aka triple, like he said we have shot pm's back and forth ever since i saw the Green Colossus (amazing). Here are a few pictures of the case and other parts. I did mess up on a the back power button that i will soon be fixing. Also i buy a lot of parts second hand simply because i am usually on a tight budget. But i like the challenge of fixing something if its broke. Enjoy!!

picture.php

picture.php

Notice how support is bent!! Yea good job prior case owner!!
picture.php

Then the motherboard came in ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe/WD LGA 1155 ITX

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

First mod was the relocation of power button. If you look around the power button you will see where i cut slits to far out. I am gonna fix this of course because this is a build off and work needs to be as close to perfect as possible.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Ok, So got a few things in the mail First the NZXT Hale82 V2 Fully modular 700W power supply (White)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Finished up window mod with blue carbon fiber vinyl. Not positive i like it but for now ill deal with it.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Also almost buttoned up power button since i removed the front panel header...well side panel header.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks for viewing

Finished window on other side of case today. This one turned out better in my opinion.

Of course pictures

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks for viewing.

Its looking good Matt. Crazy we just talked about the Crucial SSD and wouldnt you know it, you have one. That trident ram looks oh so good too. I found some corsair white modules but i still think im going with blue.

Back