• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Delid 4770K

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

greg2601

I just put my CPU back after delid which took about a 1/2 hour. Used Gelid Supreme for TIM. Lowered temps in Intel Burn in at 4.5GHz by about 6° to 8°C. I'm impressed and it was really easy.:shock:

yea its easier then people make it out to be right?

i have no idea either why people are smacking them with a block of wood in a vice when the glue is as easy to cut through with a proper razor as it is.

I have a post in this same Intel CPU forum about my 3770k delid yesterday i have a pic on the type of razor i used in the bottom of the post.

its thin and it cut through the glue without any pressure what so ever no way i could have slipped and gouged or messed up the chip with the way it went so easily with that nice sharp thin razor.

I also trimmed away the glue that remained with the razor by gently just cutting it away and then rubbing the excess off with a rag.

I honestly felt stupid after for not doing it sooner.

but the first time i tried i tried to use a thicker exacto knife blade and it wasnt working very well so i got scared and stopped the blade was abit to thick to fit under the lid eaily and just cut away the glue i guess so thats why i say make sure you have a super thin razor blade.

Back