• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAC status for GT630 2GB GK208

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evilsizer

Senior Forum Spammer
It has been running seti for 2days now, give or take a few hours. i forget how long it takes for RAC to reach its peak to be completely showing average. Hope the RAC numbers provide useful, since it is a 348core@900mhz 25watt card. im not sure how much lane speed affects WU time/speed, but it seems to be stuck in x1 mode in a pcie 2.0 slot. its in my jetway NF98 rig in sig, cant seem to figure it out. Windows 7 has the newest PCH/chipset drivers from Jetway, need to check intel though. either that or there is a setting im missing in the bios, as the card should be running @x8 speed.

Currently as i just checked RAC is up to 110.xx

What compute version on that card?

You might wanna check out the new 750 Ti's.

For folding at least, they are half decent but a bit handicapped cause of lack of proper support (latest gpu core17 wu's are not working).

0 exp with Seti here. Just felt like chiming along. :p
If you have any spare power you can make a few bucks and cover power costs folding for the Curecoin team. Worth a look. ;)

i got the GT630 GK208 for the updated VP engine, just running seti atm will it gets into HTPC use. really why i got it since i didnt plan to game on it and never thought about using it for seti, t ill i saw support for GPU in seti. Figured for 25watts and $59 new at newegg, might be worth looking into if it turns out decent RAC.

Curecoin? i read a bit, in the other section, still lost on how to get started etc. might do it after the RAC evens out first seti to get some good numbers for others out there.

missed you talking about the compute version, will have to look in GPUZ. Seti reports using OpenCL 1.1 if that helps at all, right now around 180RAC for seti. seems to be slowing down but im not sure. my intel Atom330 put out around 300-400 RAC for seti, im hoping this does the same or a bit better.

just checked a minute ago, RAC is now up to 229. i need to do a bit of digging and see if ram speed effects performance as well as pcie speed. still cant figure out why it is stuck in x1 mode, should be x8 as its in a 16x slot and the board is able to do x16 pcie 2.0. *scratches head*

well, it seems the pcie link speed worked it self out. i had either the gpu or seti it self freaking out, as the gpu load from gpuz the other night was at 0%. after resting the computer, link speed turned to x8 instead of x1, seti is jugging away again.

As of right now, seti is showing 283RAC, which is nearing the low end of the atom330 setup of 300. i will make an updated post when i get back from dinner.

So pci-e bandwidth is a bit irrelevant for seti too?

I'm trying to come up with a list of distributed computing clients/projects for something I'm working on. (cryptocurrency related)

Could you help me figure out how the points system works? Is there an API I can draw data from to get team and user stats?

well seti shows my RAC in my account but i cant seem to find the section they use to for just users. seems its all "top users/computers" but here s a 3rd party site that keeps track of RAC for different Bionic projects.
http://www.allprojectstats.com/showuser.php?id=c9e4b524c65921efe5b3f11654e197b9
it breaks it down to each project so you can see what the RAC is. i dont think Link speed has any impact on seti. since the WU is loaded into the GPU's memory, according to GPU the biggest usage of memory so far has been 400mb's. there might have been more but i somehow goofed on the gpuz logging. i think i deleted it by mistake, so the card has 2gb and is using say even at most 500mb for seti. im sure something like FAH which is septate from bionic would use more of the ram. the GPU load after a restart now seems more stable at closer to 90% and the memory controller usage is near pegged at 100% all the time. i think faster ram speed will help but i need to look into the IC's used on the card to see if i can push them a bit more. if i could net another 200mhz total to take it from 1.8ghz to 2ghz ram speed, that would be a nice bump. i still dont see the same GK208 GT640 being worth the price bump or wattage increase, from my POV.

as far as points system, you would have to read up on the seti@home forums. they have made some modifications i think since i last had some issues a few years ago. the do send out the same WU to two different computers, that way they can validate the results. not all projects use/share the same point system, for instance with R@H. the claimed credit vs granted credit per wu can vary, one wu i had a long time ago would be... say claimed by the system to be 100points, in some instances i was seeing about half of that in points for the wu. its just something your going to have to dig in on to find out for each project.

maybe a bit over due for a RAC update, its cranking out 709 from what i just looked at. its well above what the atom 330 rig produced by over a factor of 2.

another update, RAC has now reached 973. starting to look like the card will top out around 1200 from one seti members guess at max rac.

another update, right now its at 1,292rac. rather impressive and possibly might top out around 1400 or 1500, for 25watts imo that a nice rac. as pointed out though on a rac/watt basis it isnt that high compared to some others. one guy just running a 750ti with 199rac/watt, he is using gpuz to see power usage. while its listed in %, take 60watts for the card max. he is saying running seti its using about 39-45 watts, using 45watts max. 199x45=8955rac. since i cant see the % of power used in gpuz, seems this card doesnt have that feature the higher end ones do. to figure my numbers all i can use is listed TDP.

that is true but i dont have one on hand to figure out the power.

Time for another update! currently and still only the GPU doing seti work, RAC has now hit 1,491!! im sure not much longer till it tops out, im rather surprised how much work its doing!

Back