• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus warranty support: Not good, not good at all

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't know what wrong with all of you guy complaint about ASUS service, i never have a single bad experience with ASUS customer support at all.
a year ago when i build my HTPC using an NIB(new in box) ASUS crosshair formula V with an AMD FX 8320 and an old ASUS GTX 570, one of the PCI slot doesn't work so i contact ASUS, got a reply the next day, i send in my mobo and got a replacement with in 6 business day that was fast
3 month ago when i start building a new rig, i bough 2 ASUS GTX TITAN black, when i remove the air cooler to install the water block, one of the capacitor(the barrel looking thing) just fall off the card for no reason, again i contact ASUS, send in my card, got a replacement 8 business day later.
You guy are awesome ASUS customer support
For motherboard, i will continues to use ASUS R.O.G. mobo for at long at they make them

Of course you're not going to have a problem. You just spent 2 and a half grand on one of their boards and two of their vid cards. :rolleyes:

I don't know what wrong with all of you guy complaint about ASUS service, i never have a single bad experience with ASUS customer support at all.
a year ago when i build my HTPC using an NIB(new in box) ASUS crosshair formula V with an AMD FX 8320 and an old ASUS GTX 570, one of the PCI slot doesn't work so i contact ASUS, got a reply the next day, i send in my mobo and got a replacement with in 6 business day that was fast
3 month ago when i start building a new rig, i bough 2 ASUS GTX TITAN black, when i remove the air cooler to install the water block, one of the capacitor(the barrel looking thing) just fall off the card for no reason, again i contact ASUS, send in my card, got a replacement 8 business day later.
You guy are awesome ASUS customer support
For motherboard, i will continues to use ASUS R.O.G. mobo for at long at they make them

Did you pay for any of the replacements? Any fees?

Did you pay for any of the replacements? Any fees?

Yes, i pay UPS $13 or $15, i don't remember to send back my GTX TITAN black
also i think i spend the same when i send back my ASUS Crosshair mobo,

Yes, a $500 motherboard :rolleyes:

Wrong :D, the only $500 mobo that i got is the Rampage 4 black and so far, it run pretty good, i really like the new BIOS of my Rampage 4 :)

I had a similar experience with my Asus Formula 3 ROG. I refuse to consider ASUS motherboards. It's not that the board blew a cap, it's that my $300 overbuilt motherboard blew a cap and they wouldn't accept the RMA. Their customer service was total trash. Give me a break.

I will say that a BBB complaint worked wonders for getting a refurbished replacement.

I myself am getting close to RMAing my X58 sabertooth board. Going to take pictures of the socket and the rest of the board so they won't damage it there and than blame me. Seems like they seem to be doing that with the socket pins from the few stories I've heard.

Registered my board. Purchased my board back in dec of 2010 and have till dec of 2015 but I need the other rig to be working when I don't have my main rig online.

Am I missing anything fellas or am I good to go once I take pictures and place a call with them. I am asking if theres anything I need to do that will help me in this process.

Could be a total pain and print the photos out and send them with the board.
That might backfire though.

I forgot about updating my Asus RMA experience. They fixed mine without much hassle, besides the wait time, the fact they lost my address, and that I had to send it in twice before they got it fixed, but it's back to working now.

Nice..:screwy:. If you kill a board from your own actions and not a fault of the board itself and you have to lie to get it replaced... you are not doing the 'right' thing.

This isn't something I would brag about, and is also against the forum rules.

Good point.

Anus? Seriously? Are we 10 years old?

Agreed. I thought nerds were supposed to be smart...

As for the rest of this thread, I will personally continue to buy Asus motherboards and graphics cards, due to having a good experience with their products. My Crosshair II Formula is approximately five years old now, and shows no sign of giving up on me at all.

I never once had to use a warranty or RMA on anything computer-related in my house, except for my Steelseries headset. Its funny, whenever I go into a store to buy something moderately expensive (like my Bowers & Wilkins P5 Headphones), the cashiers always try to upsell me on their extended warranty. Which I have never needed on anything I have ever bought.

Although, I myself have also read tons of bad RMA stories from lots of other companies, not just Asus. I try to look for the positive reviews of products along with the bad ones. You find more bad than good on the internet. You rarely hear people praising any product online.

I feel for the OP, though. I really do. That should not have happened.

I myself am getting close to RMAing my X58 sabertooth board.

Whats the matter with it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats the matter with it?

In the past I used to get BSODs x116 with that board while gaming or folding with my 480s while I wouldn't on my intel X58 that i am using as we speak on my main rig. I have basically 2 sets of X58 PCs. I used the GPUs on my main rig and they worked fine. Switched up the ram with other sets and sometimes at the boot up the red light would go on on the MB, basically saying there's an error with the ram or in other instances the PCI-E red light is on giving me a error. In that case I've used each GPU individually and on different PCI-E slots. Every testing configuration you can think of.

After getting a used i7-950 earlier this year and folding for almost 2+ months straight with the 480s, the PC will auto reboot just after the bios windows loading screen when windows is starting up with the blue background. No BSODs now, no nothing. It will just repeatedly restart over and over at that point till it totally stops restarting and stays on a black screen.

I highly doubt its the PSU as I've pushed that PSU when folding the 480s for years and prior to these incidents it would push 700+ watts no problem and never saw a auto shut off. Its worked with my Intel X58 board as well for sometime.

I need to see if I saved all my BSODs in text. I don't know how to read this stuff other than knowing what the main code means and or what it could possibly be. I've done everything in my nerd power that I've learned all my years and can't figure it out. I am almost 100% sure that its the Asus X58 sabertooth MB I have is the issue.

Also, I think I started getting BSODs with this board 2+ years ago. I may have used it for a year and a 1/2 maybe, from the purchase date since then as I just didn't want to be bothered by it. I ended up staying with my very stable intel X58SO that I am using still today.

Last edited:
I had a similar experience with ASUS when I sent in my video card for RMA a few years back.
The cards fan connector stopped working for some reason. Sent it in and received a broken unit. Contacted ASUS, went through the same RMA process and yet again they sent me another broken unit with missing capacitors. Like common ... They never replied back when I complained about a second broken unit I was given. ASUS CS sucks. For this reason I will never buy ASUS.

I feel like at times they purposely scam people. I've heard too many stories of broken products being returned or mysterious new damages done only to be blamed on the user. Assuming the user is being a honest soul. I still haven't gone through my RMA process for a x58 MB but I am fearing the drama I might have to go through in that moment.

I haven't heard this much or these types of nightmares with other companies.

Well,

I try to get a RMA number from Asus foe a couple of weeks now (M5A99X Evo r2.0).

I did not even get an email from them yet, and there is no phone support for components in France.

These guys suck BIG time!

Won't buy any of their products anymore. Either laptop, component, phone... Nothinh!

F..k them!

^^^heh, I just dug out the asus win8 serial key for my laptop using software. the sticker on the bottom just had a bar code and said windows 8. no install disk... :-/

cheers asus for the preinstall duffness :D

good to go now though... thank jeebus and praise alan I didn't have to bother the support \ :) / joy!

Bobby I think that's pretty typical for laptops. My wife's dell and more recently my son's lenova didn't come with a install disk either.

Bobby I think that's pretty typical for laptops. My wife's dell and more recently my son's lenova didn't come with a install disk either.

My desktop didn't come with one either back in 2011 (Win 7 anyway) Just some crappy backup partition which I nuked :)

Wait, you guys are premade branded PC buyers? Eww..... lol :p j/k

My first PC ever was a bestbuy compaq presario (PII-266mhz than upgraded to 333mhz) (black) with the introduction to DVD. lol

Back