• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus warranty support: Not good, not good at all

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Should have them look into how ASUS went from an F to an A rating on BBB over the course of a few months with no change in complaints... Also why even though they have an A the BBB warning on the front of the page from their review last year showed no change in their poor practice.

The BBB is rather of a joke. Money goes a long way for ratings. I've dealt with them in the past.

It'd be great if this thread gets you a motherboard. Even better if heads roll in the warranty division and they actually fix things.

UPDATE!

Received an email response from Ritendra Prakesh. I'll write my thoughts below the quote. I have TWO emails....

Dear Mr. Marra,

Unfortunately this is the condition in which your unit arrived to our facility. Also there is burnt spot on the motherboard and is not covered under warranty. We will send you replacement quote once a replacement board is located. Please follow this link for more information on what is and isn't covered under our warranty: http://support.asus.com/repair.aspx?no=568&Slanguage=en

Best Regards,

Ritendra P.
Toll Free: (888) 678-3688

Dear Mr. Marra,

I am following up with repair center for this case.

Best Regards,

Ritendra P.

Upon reading the first email, I was pretty livid. I wanted to reply and say "Please re-read your response, and tell me that doesn't sound completely ridiculous". But then I got the second email and now I'm a little confused.

So I decided that before I fly off the handlebars with a 6 page essay, re-tracing every step from the initial incident to this very moment, I'd first ask for some clarification.

Hi Ritendra,
No problem, are you still investigating the case itself? or are you going with the determination you made in your other email, about not honoring RMA because of burn marks?

Just want to clarify, because I am drafting a response to that email. I just want to avoid confusion.

thank you very much

Her first email has a LOT of implications, all of them make Asus look very bad. But the second email indicates that perhaps she is not aware of the whole story.

You guys have been very helpful so far, maybe, depending on her response, I could ask you guys for some advice in drafting a reply? I consider myself to be a decent, but with all the combined knowledge, maybe I can get a new motherboard out of this (which I probably won't even use).

Why are you confused? They told you they would get you a repair quote and will follow up with the repair center for cost/quote information to send you.

At least that's what I gathered anyway.

You guys have been very helpful so far, maybe, depending on her response, I could ask you guys for some advice in drafting a reply? I consider myself to be a decent, but with all the combined knowledge, maybe I can get a new motherboard out of this (which I probably won't even use).

I deal with vendors on RMA/RGA issues a lot at work, feel free to PM me and I'll help write something up :)

Why are you confused? They told you they would get you a repair quote and will follow up with the repair center for cost/quote information to send you.

At least that's what I gathered anyway.

Because they are sounding like they will not honor a warranty against manufacturer defects because the board has burnt spots on it, that were caused by a manufacturer defect.
Also they appear to be trying to cover up that a tech bent socket pins.

Because they are sounding like they will not honor a warranty against manufacturer defects because the board has burnt spots on it, that were caused by a manufacturer defect.

Oh I agree 100% with what you said, its just that their emails lead me to believe they want to gather a repair cost quote.

I can only agree, that is complete BS. Armed with the photos that you have from before packing the motherboard, Asus have a very weak case, on top of that, they are really doing a flipping great job of making them selves look like morons.

This is by far not the first, and not the last case like this. I have spoken to a guy here in Denmark that went threw the same thing, he also had pictures, and that made them do a 180 degree turn and replace his motherboard.

Honestly, Asus are trying to reach into new markets, Smartphones and others. They are proud that Asus hardware is on the space station, but guess what, BS like this makes all previous efforts to look good, completely useless.

The worst part by far is that the bent CPU pin seems to be the the go to place for Asus in EVERY SINGLE CASE! I would love to know if this is Page 1 of the "how to screw over your customers" in the RMA manual for Asus workers.

If you google Asus Refuse RMA, you will be able to shower in stories.

Qoute from the VERY first link that comes up on google.

Google/other forum said:
So I was using my computer one night and it just died- literally just turned off. My P8P67 EVO mobo died. No problem I thought, ASUS is a good company and this RMA will be no problem- boy was I wrong Long story short, they refused to honor the warranty stating that I had bent the socket pins- no way this is possible since the system was working fine for months leading up to when it finally died. When the board came back, sure enough, pins were bent. I've read stories about companies bending the socket pins to dishonor warranty RMAs, but never expected this kind of crap from ASUS.

Cliffs-
1. Computer died after months of problem-free computing
2. Socket pins intack
3. Motherboard sent to ASUS for RMA
4. Warranty claim denied because the CPU socket pins were bent
5. Motherboard sent back to me. CPU socket pins bent.

Anyone know if Gigabyte is any better with RMAs?

Notice any similar situations?

That post is about 2 years old. No change in the way Asus run RMA today. This should gain them a place close to EA on the list of the worst companies.

Oh I agree 100% with what you said, its just that their emails lead me to believe they want to gather a repair cost quote.
I do believe that IS what she means, she'll find a replacement for you to buy. I cant wait to see more on that, they'll prolly charge for having to find a replacement board too.

Yeah, cost to Lucifer. Not cost to asus.
They want him to pay, for their damage.

ROFL! I just read the link she sent me! I didn't have time to sit down with it until just now. This is AMAZING, because Ritendra just helped me out BIG TIME!

This is the link. http://support.asus.com/repair.aspx?no=568&Slanguage=en

Scroll to #5 and #6.

To recap, This is the email I'm replying to.
Dear Mr. Marra,

Unfortunately this is the condition in which your unit arrived to our facility. Also there is burnt spot on the motherboard and is not covered under warranty. We will send you replacement quote once a replacement board is located. Please follow this link for more information on what is and isn't covered under our warranty: http://support.asus.com/repair.aspx?no=568&Slanguage=en

Best Regards,

Ritendra P.

This is my reply.
Hello Ritendra,
Thank you very much for the link you sent me! And your description of the burn marks on the motherboard are very helpful.

By that, I mean that they are helpful in helping to prove my case. Because in the link you sent me, items 5 and 6 clearly indicate that my issue is COVERED, and FREE of charge.

#5 MB PCB is burned - In-Warranty - Free
#6 Component is burned - FREE

I'm happy to finally have someone at Asus who is working hard to make things right for the customer.
I appreciate your help!

BOOM!

Last edited:
Let's just see if you get your board fixed or another one and how long it takes.

BTW...

I just checked out the name Ritendra, appears to be a common Indian MALE name.

You may be mailing with a Guy, and you may be mailing with a guy in India.

I'm certain that Ritendra is Indian, but that it's a common male name is surprising to me. I don't know any Indians off the top of my head who's name ends in A like that. And I work with a LOT of Indians. Many male names have some kind of 'sh' in their name. Sailesh, Ganesh, Mahesh are all names of Indian guys I know. There's also 'it' in a lot of male names I know....Amit, Ajit, Rohit. All the 'a' names I know personally are women, Rothita, Joyita, Pooja, Ankita, Sameera.

So...I don't know. Doesn't matter to me either. I'm not biased in any way. Man, woman, Indian, American, Indian-American, green card status or not. Hell, my girlfriend is a Mexican immigrant on a company-sponsored visa, so I really can't have a bias even if I wanted to. The simple fact is that Ritendra helped my case in a huge way, willingly or otherwise.

It's agonizing to see a large company that has spent years developing a better reputation squander it for a couple of bucks. Reminds me of some names like Enron, Nixon, Vista. Ooof.:-/

I just wish I could see the look on Ritendra's face when he/she realizes they just HANDED me the irrefutable proof I needed to get my RMA free of charge.

If, by some miracle, they do manage to weasel their way out of it, I'm going to demand the motherboard back, in the packaging that I sent it to them in, at their cost, so I can document in detail exactly what they did to my board.

I like #8 there.

Board covered in dirt -> Free to clean.
Maybe I should send in some dirty dusty mobo's for them to clean :rolleyes:

I can't believe they are pulling this. This is borderline criminal. :mad:

I think they're just not expecting people to fight as hard as I am about this. I imagine 99% of people just make a frownie face and move on.

The best part is, I'm not fighting because I NEED this particular motherboard, or because I can't afford one. I'm doing pretty ok on my Anus laptop in the meantime, and I plan on buying a Gigabyte motherboard to replace the firecracker that just blew up.
No...
I'm fighting this because I'm sick of being taken advantage.
I'm fighting because I'm 100% RIGHT and they are 100% WRONG.
I'm fighting because of all the people that got SCREWED by this company's evil practices.
I'm fighting because I am GOING to win.

And most of all...
I'm fighting because it is thoroughly entertaining.

I think they're just not expecting people to fight as hard as I am about this. I imagine 99% of people just make a frownie face and move on.

The best part is, I'm not fighting because I NEED this particular motherboard, or because I can't afford one. I'm doing pretty ok on my Anus laptop in the meantime, and I plan on buying a Gigabyte motherboard to replace the firecracker that just blew up.
No...
I'm fighting this because I'm sick of being taken advantage.
I'm fighting because I'm 100% RIGHT and they are 100% WRONG.
I'm fighting because of all the people that got SCREWED by this company's evil practices.
I'm fighting because I am GOING to win.

And most of all...
I'm fighting because it is thoroughly entertaining.

YHPM

and best of luck to you!

Back