• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus warranty support: Not good, not good at all

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wowzers, talk about sketchy. I've always been a fan of Asus products, though I've never had to mess with their warranty department. Subscribed with :popcorn:

I'm currently wondering if they didn't just send my dead mobo back in the mail to me without doing a thing. As soon as I get a replacement mobo to test, I will find out. And, then I'll be fighting right with you.

Subscribed.

I'm currently wondering if they didn't just send my dead mobo back in the mail to me without doing a thing. As soon as I get a replacement mobo to test, I will find out. And, then I'll be fighting right with you.

Subscribed.

BTW, any time you are wanting to be careful on an RMA like that, you can write an identifier on the item with UV reactive markers (like this: Oooh, glowy) and verify what you sent out is what you got back. I think I heard about it from SilverSinkSam.

I think they're just not expecting people to fight as hard as I am about this. I imagine 99% of people just make a frownie face and move on.

The best part is, I'm not fighting because I NEED this particular motherboard, or because I can't afford one. I'm doing pretty ok on my Anus laptop in the meantime, and I plan on buying a Gigabyte motherboard to replace the firecracker that just blew up.
No...
I'm fighting this because I'm sick of being taken advantage.
I'm fighting because I'm 100% RIGHT and they are 100% WRONG.
I'm fighting because of all the people that got SCREWED by this company's evil practices.
I'm fighting because I am GOING to win.

And most of all...
I'm fighting because it is thoroughly entertaining.

In that case, may the lulz forever be in your favor :salute:

UPDATE!!

I received an email from Ritendra today. I'll just let the screenshot do the talking
pZqb4Pc.png

Oh, Sweet victory. Of course, it was greatly helped by Ritendra, who in her(his?) attempt to deny my RMA, unwittingly handed me the proof I needed to guarantee free replacement.

Though, now that I think about it...It could be possible that Ritendra was actually trying to help me, but needed to keep the appearance of trying to NOT help me. I want to believe that Ritendra was actually smart enough to actually read the link he/she posted, and thought "This customer is right, but since I can't come out and say it, I'll just leave this here, to lead him to the evidence he needs to prove his case". Kind of like a conspiracy to help. I don't know...just trying to give benefit of the doubt, lol.

Thank you to everyone who gave me good advice, especially Bobnova, for recommending my little photoshoot in the first place.

Already purchased the replacement Gigabyte, I'm going to sell the replacement Asus once I eventually get it sometime in the next month or three.

Last edited:
Nice! :thup:

Now, whatddya mean "waive the physical damage fee"? This RMA shouldn't have been in question in the first place.

Glad you got the RMA though :D

Good to see your persistence and patience paid off :thup:

Oh, and don't forget to take that customer experience survey :D

I'm doing the survey...so far this is what I have.
UjdYkPM.png

But, considering I haven't actually received the replacement yet, I may hold off.

Heh #4 would be lower down for me.

Glad they're fixing the board though!
Even though you were out of teeth and hair to pull out by the end of it.

Wow. What a shame. I RMA'd a low end ASUS board (M4A785-M) a couple years ago and they took care of it with no problems. It wasn't fast , but it was free and they replaced the board. I'm really sorry to see them go down this road (especially since I just bought another one of their boards...) Glad they finally did the right thing for the OP , but that's a lot of hassle for being right.

Glad that you're making progress. I'd hold off on the customer sat survey until you receive and test the board for non-DOA.

The fact that they said they would "waive the physical damage fee" still doesn't sit well with me. It's almost like they're passive-aggressively saying "We were right all along, but we'll give you this one to shut you up." Maybe that's just my jaded interpretation of it, though. :)

That's what it sounds like to me, too.
I wonder if their RMA site will change soon.

It would be interesting to screenshot their "what's covered" page and post it here for reference to see if it changes.

Bob, I like the addition to your sig. Added one of my own :)

Well, here's my shipping notification. A few odd things here.

Not to mention THERE'S NO TRACKING NUMBER.

I'm definitely holding off on the survey, because I'm going to detail EVERYTHING in it, including a link to this thread.

skXHIvS.jpg

How would a 1394 port bend CPU PINS?!?!

:shrug::rofl::rofl:

This is just pitiful...

Back