• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus warranty support: Not good, not good at all

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
We never heard back from East-Bay vet did we?

Curious to know if it worked out for him...

I've never used anything but Asus boards , and my one warranty issue got me a new board , a discontinued board , and they sent me a brand new one.

I have an UPDATE :thup:
I'm not sure if one of own helped me out with ASUS (Dolk) or they just happen to be having a good day. I had set up a Crosshair V Formula-Z for DICE/LN2 benching using a AMD FX-8350. When I tried booting the board, I would get the error code FF and the CPU LED light would be lit. I put it down as I had some how messed up the board getting it ready for sub-ambient cooling. I purchased another CHV FZ to replace the first one. When I got it, I put the same FX-8350 in it that I had used on the first one. I got the same error code and CPU light on the second board, so I started trouble shooting the hardware. On AMD's web site, they tell you to check the CPU with a known working motherboard. So I grabbed my Sabertooth that I had setup as my home server running a FX-8320 and stuck the same FX-8350 from the previous CHV FZ boards in it. I killed it also :(
I talked to Dolk and he said that such and such was wrong with the processor, which is why it was killing motherboards. I submitted a RMA with Asus on the second CHV FZ and the Sabertooth, I also submitted the FX-8350 and the FX-8320 (I stuck it back in after the 8350 killed the Sabertooth and was not sure if it was damaged) to AMD for RMA. I received back from AMD TWO (2) FX-8350's, when I asked AMD I was told "The FX-8320 is EOL so we replaced it with another FX-8350" :thup: I finally got word back from Asus that the 2 motherboards would be replaced :shock: and that I should receive them in 3-5 days. I have received the 2 boards and they work great :) I'm not sure of the 180% change but I have heard that customers with their high-end boards get better treatment.

Wow :shock: that is great news maddmutt!!!

I hope this trend continues, and they actually listened to everyone online and took action on their RMA service!
Please keep us posted on what happens! :thup:

I've seen complaints in the past from guys that had their top of the line boards. Just google it, I'm sure you'll find some stories.
Oh i'm sure, but the guy that's sends in over $1000 of hardware at once is more than likely going to get treated a little better than the guy that sends in a $70 board. I have no doubt.

In the RMA request to Asus, I stated that there where no visible signs of damage and that the problem was caused by AMD. I have no idea if they charged AMD for the replacement or where able to determine that pin xx in the socket no longer worked.

In the RMA request to Asus, I stated that there where no visible signs of damage and that the problem was caused by AMD. I have no idea if they charged AMD for the replacement or where able to determine that pin xx in the socket no longer worked.

For a recap, can we get when these issues arised and when this was taken care of and what they took care of. For all we know they have a partnership with AMD, who knows.

I can see ASUS changing things up a bit after a while with such negative feedback on their CS and I'm not speaking of the stories from this forum.

Hmmm, believe it or not, I practically read this whole thread! Just reminds me of the fuss that can be made on enthusiast's forums and vendors picking up on it... the internet and its PR! lol... never ending story these days it seems.. Gosh, to remember the days before the internet...

I've had a mix of Asus and Giga boards for over decade of overclocking fun on both Intel and AMD platforms, (well, there was 1 MSI board I had when conroe came out...lol) and I"ve never had a problem with either company's products. For what its worth, I'm 'sensible' with my daily OC's or just lucky so far no dodgy products from any of the vendors.. who knows!

But in any case, I will continue to buy computer products from any of big name vendors that suits my budget/needs at the time. Brand name is irrelevant imo. We all have our own 'experiences' right?

We all have our own 'experiences' right?

That's a fact. All the way to HDDs. Some people are WD , some Seagate. LOL I've had nothing but good experiences with Asus and their warranty. They replaced a cheap , obsolete board that was a couple months shy of being out of warranty , with a new board. Obviously , some folks haven't been that lucky.

I though this was very interesting and I just wanted to point out that I have the almost the exact same results and problems from Gigabyte! I was (Past tents) Very happy with Gigabyte Mother Boards and products But after I sent one of my Mother Boards in for service that was still under warrantee, I was shocked and very confused! The board was having a small issue and I just wanted to have it checked out in case it was or may lead to a complete failure?
I received and E-mail telling me the board had ether been exposed to water or was operating in a very high humidity environment! They sent me photos of the corrosion damage! I could not understand as the board had never been exposed to moisture of any kind! I live in the desert of Phoenix Arizona and there is NO Humidity ether! So, I could Not understand what the corrosion issue was or how it might of happened. The Board looked good when I sent it in other then a little dust? I supposed I should have cleaned the board but it was very little and hardly noticeable and I wanted to show the board in the environment it had been running and not make it look like I was trying to hide anything!
When I received the board back, I could hardly believe what there Head support tech called corrosion! Around the heat sinks for the regulators for the CPU, There was some residue from the sticky tape they used in manufacturing that has seeped onto the board but it was not touching any components or connectors only just on top of the circuit board traces witch are insulated anyway, And these was some dust that had accumulated to this sticky substance!
The real shocking part was when I touched this area with just my finger tip! It wiped right off! Leaving a clean and completely undamaged board? I took several photos showing how easy this dust wiped off and that there was absolutely NO Damage to the board! I contacted Gigabyte and there support staff, the guy that originally said the board was damaged and there managers and showed them the photos and that there was NO damage at all and I would like the board tested and see if anything was wrong! even with all this evidence they refused and canceled ALL of my warranties that I had that where still in effect for other boards I was using and had sold to customers! I still can not believe this action! I had used Gigabyte boards for many years and since many of them are still working I still do! But! I well never buy another one! and will never refer Gigabyte to any of my customer's or anyone! I used the board back in another PC and it is still working just fine today! So, I just thought I would add this bit of information to your experience with Asus!
The Funny thing is, I was considering going to Asus! for my Next Mother board perches! I guess I had better start looking at revues for other brand name Mother Boards! I would like to know with you all recommend? I hope the industry is not going this direction? I guess the warrantee will no longer be of any value and just use the boards till they have a problem and toss them! and buy a new one? hope this helps someone, Thanks, Rick289.. (o;

I've not had a problem with warranty issues with Asus, and I still think they are probably the best board out there. I certainly don't disregard the stories from people who have had issues, but compared to the number of boards they've sold, we're talking a tiny fraction of a percentage. I wouldn't hesitate to buy an Asus board again. Gigabyte is another story.

Back