• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus warranty support: Not good, not good at all

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I though this was very interesting and I just wanted to point out that I have the almost the exact same results and problems from Gigabyte! I was (Past tents) Very happy with Gigabyte Mother Boards and products But after I sent one of my Mother Boards in for service that was still under warrantee, I was shocked and very confused! The board was having a small issue and I just wanted to have it checked out in case it was or may lead to a complete failure?
I received and E-mail telling me the board had ether been exposed to water or was operating in a very high humidity environment! They sent me photos of the corrosion damage! I could not understand as the board had never been exposed to moisture of any kind! I live in the desert of Phoenix Arizona and there is NO Humidity ether! So, I could Not understand what the corrosion issue was or how it might of happened. The Board looked good when I sent it in other then a little dust? I supposed I should have cleaned the board but it was very little and hardly noticeable and I wanted to show the board in the environment it had been running and not make it look like I was trying to hide anything!
When I received the board back, I could hardly believe what there Head support tech called corrosion! Around the heat sinks for the regulators for the CPU, There was some residue from the sticky tape they used in manufacturing that has seeped onto the board but it was not touching any components or connectors only just on top of the circuit board traces witch are insulated anyway, And these was some dust that had accumulated to this sticky substance!
The real shocking part was when I touched this area with just my finger tip! It wiped right off! Leaving a clean and completely undamaged board? I took several photos showing how easy this dust wiped off and that there was absolutely NO Damage to the board! I contacted Gigabyte and there support staff, the guy that originally said the board was damaged and there managers and showed them the photos and that there was NO damage at all and I would like the board tested and see if anything was wrong! even with all this evidence they refused and canceled ALL of my warranties that I had that where still in effect for other boards I was using and had sold to customers! I still can not believe this action! I had used Gigabyte boards for many years and since many of them are still working I still do! But! I well never buy another one! and will never refer Gigabyte to any of my customer's or anyone! I used the board back in another PC and it is still working just fine today! So, I just thought I would add this bit of information to your experience with Asus!
The Funny thing is, I was considering going to Asus! for my Next Mother board perches! I guess I had better start looking at revues for other brand name Mother Boards! I would like to know with you all recommend? I hope the industry is not going this direction? I guess the warrantee will no longer be of any value and just use the boards till they have a problem and toss them! and buy a new one? hope this helps someone, Thanks, Rick289.. (o;

I would recommend actually spacing out your post, this is incredibly difficult to read. Is English a second or third language for you?

As to other motherboards (not "mother boards") we recommend, please go read our front page reviews.
http://www.overclockers.com/category/reviews/motherboards-reviews/

I had 2 bad experiences in a row with Asus RMA dept. That was really a turn off to me on the whole brand. And to pay more for their products to get that really keeps me from wanting any of their goods.
But, the last board I have purchased was an Asus- but the deal was too good to pass up

Piling on, not for customer service issues, but I just had a first-in-20-years MB failure, just out of warranty, and it was an ASUS. Shut down a business for 3 days as Corel resided solely on that PC. Bummer.

I though this was very interesting and I just wanted to point out that I have the almost the exact same results and problems from Gigabyte! I was (Past tents) Very happy with Gigabyte Mother Boards and products But after I sent one of my Mother Boards in for service that was still under warrantee, I was shocked and very confused! The board was having a small issue and I just wanted to have it checked out in case it was or may lead to a complete failure?
I received and E-mail telling me the board had ether been exposed to water or was operating in a very high humidity environment! They sent me photos of the corrosion damage! I could not understand as the board had never been exposed to moisture of any kind! I live in the desert of Phoenix Arizona and there is NO Humidity ether! So, I could Not understand what the corrosion issue was or how it might of happened. The Board looked good when I sent it in other then a little dust? I supposed I should have cleaned the board but it was very little and hardly noticeable and I wanted to show the board in the environment it had been running and not make it look like I was trying to hide anything!
When I received the board back, I could hardly believe what there Head support tech called corrosion! Around the heat sinks for the regulators for the CPU, There was some residue from the sticky tape they used in manufacturing that has seeped onto the board but it was not touching any components or connectors only just on top of the circuit board traces witch are insulated anyway, And these was some dust that had accumulated to this sticky substance!
The real shocking part was when I touched this area with just my finger tip! It wiped right off! Leaving a clean and completely undamaged board? I took several photos showing how easy this dust wiped off and that there was absolutely NO Damage to the board! I contacted Gigabyte and there support staff, the guy that originally said the board was damaged and there managers and showed them the photos and that there was NO damage at all and I would like the board tested and see if anything was wrong! even with all this evidence they refused and canceled ALL of my warranties that I had that where still in effect for other boards I was using and had sold to customers! I still can not believe this action! I had used Gigabyte boards for many years and since many of them are still working I still do! But! I well never buy another one! and will never refer Gigabyte to any of my customer's or anyone! I used the board back in another PC and it is still working just fine today! So, I just thought I would add this bit of information to your experience with Asus!
The Funny thing is, I was considering going to Asus! for my Next Mother board perches! I guess I had better start looking at revues for other brand name Mother Boards! I would like to know with you all recommend? I hope the industry is not going this direction? I guess the warrantee will no longer be of any value and just use the boards till they have a problem and toss them! and buy a new one? hope this helps someone, Thanks, Rick289.. (o;

I have had nothing but good experience with Gigabyte.

Back