• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus warranty support: Not good, not good at all

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would recommend This ^ over giving up on a stubborn CS rep. Just take a deep breath and lets figure this out.

I'm not sure if the E-Bay store you bought it "new" from is a certified ASUS distributor. If they are you should be able to request a receipt or copy of the purchase from them. Any reputable company will gladly help you out with this. If they're not a certified store, well, that's a gamble you take when you purchase from E-Bay.
I can get a copy of his receipt from where he bought it ( He had it less than a month). The MB was/is in excellent condition, no scraps or gouges anywhere. As I stated earlier, Asus will not accept a fax, screen shot, ect , ect of the receipt:(

I completely agree MM that the Manufacturer should replace the bad boards with new ones, sadly this is usually not the case. My current ASRock is my second re-certified board. I'm just glad their CS is much easier to deal with. FTR the board I have now works perfect so I'm not too upset about it not looking brand new.

Yes, that seems to be correct to me too from seeing above.
For warranty verification: Make sure the following is visible on the proof of purchase: company logo, date of purchase, purchase price, serial number and/or model number of the ASUS product.
ALL of that should be present (except maybe serial number) on an invoice from an ebay seller.

However, if it was not sold by a company and was sold by an individual - even if new in box after they purchased it - then it may not be covered under warranty because it was not sold by an authorized reseller. Warranties are almost always non-transferable.

Yes, that seems to be correct to me too from seeing above.

ALL of that should be present (except maybe serial number) on an invoice from an ebay seller.

However, if it was not sold by a company and was sold by an individual - even if new in box after they purchased it - then it may not be covered under warranty because it was not sold by an authorized reseller. Warranties are almost always non-transferable.

I would agree too but they asked for all of this 1 week after receiving my MB for repair.

I filled out they RMA and they received it last Tuesday. Yesterday is when I started getting e-mail from them for more information.

Edit: One way of proof, but to allowed by Asus:

View attachment 159282

Last edited:
Bingo. I fear you're stuck because you bought it from an individual and not a retailer. I hate it for you, but right on ASUS' motherboard warranty page under Limitations of Liability:

ALL ASUS WARRANTY TERMS AND AGREEMENTS ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE AND ONLY APPLY TO THE ORIGINAL UNIT AND ORIGINAL PURCHASER. ASUS IS NOT LIABLE FOR A CLAIM MADE BY A THIRD PARTY OR MADE BY YOU FOR A THIRD PARTY.

EDIT - FWIW, I'm not saying I think that's a great policy, but it is the policy and it's right there in black & white.

Last edited:
that is why buying any new computer parts period, should be from a recommended retailer, like newegg. Ebay is my last resort go to but i mainly use it for older hardware and other used parts local shops are asking way to much for.

Yup. It's because you can't provide an invoice.
That's why I don't buy electronics from Ebay. This isn't the first time I've been on a forum and seen somebody complain that the proof of purchase they had from Ebay was unacceptable for warranty claims.
Still, ASUS is being ridiculous. They aren't sure when they manufactured it? Those boards haven't even been out for ONE year, let alone 5. Did the OP some how magically own the board back in early 2009 during the Nehalem era? That would seem to be what ASUS is trying to say here.

Having said all that, if you can't provide a proof of purchase in a format that is acceptable to ASUS, you may be totally out of luck here. I think the best thing to do, given your obvious disdain for ASUS (which is well founded) is just count your losses and look at maybe a Gigabyte board, as their customer service of late has been among the best in the industry. And buy that Gigabyte board from a brick and mortar store like Microcenter or from a trusted online retailer like Newegg. Not Ebay or Amazon off "Some guy". That's going to cause problems.

Ask ASUS to ship you your (broken) property, and just frame the mobo and put it on your wall.
Put a gold plaque under it in french. Something exotic sounding like "Le mosfet est brûlé"

Sorry Mutt but it does look like you're out of luck. Take this as a learning experience and don't buy ASUS again. I know I sure won't. Try another company as stated above. Some other company policies like EVGA for example, warranty their GPUs and the warranty is transferable with the GPU and not the user. I think it might also apply to their intel boards they sell but not sure. Best bet is to ironically sell the board on Ebay as "not working for parts and as is". If it sells it should get you some of your losses back if some tech wants to buy it, repair it and than resell it.

This might sound odd.....but hearing the bad news from you guys,it does not sound like bad news. It sounds like getting the news from friends and teachers:)
The only point left that makes me mad is : Why after receiving the MB last Tuesday, start e-mailing me yesterday requiring more information from me?

The only point left that makes me mad is : Why after receiving the MB last Tuesday, start e-mailing me yesterday requiring more information from me?

I understand with what you're saying. You had the impression that since they accepted your RMA, that everything was smooth sailing and that you were going to get a replaced MB. Just bad policy and company mechanics I guess but they are the world leader in MBs. :rofl: They have sold over 500 million boards that they keep boasting about. Good for them, I say but they lost me and I am sure more and more others over time.

Good question. My guess is they didn't get to it until yesterday, only then noticing there wasn't an invoice and then reached out to get what was missing.

Personally I wouldn't count ASUS out as an option. But you can believe I will follow the "letter of the law" when purchasing just to CMA. MaddMutt, it sounds like it's coming from friends because, well it is. We're all here for the same thing. That's why this is the best pc forum out there. Sure there's other good ones, but we really try to help and do care.

Seriously, for your next board, go with Gigabyte. While their boards for Z97 certainly don't deliver the best bang for the buck, (that crown goes to ASRock) I have read stories recently on forums about people being extremely pleased with Gigabyte's warranty support/RMA process. People have said they were even more impressed with Gigabyte than EVGA. Either of those two companies will pretty much guarantee you good service if you have a problem. Just make sure you buy the board from a brick and mortar like Microcenter, or from Newegg.

I've been buying ASUS since Tyranosaurus roamed the plains, but I've recently switched to ASRock for my budget builds and I think I'm going to go with Gigabyte for my middle and high performance stuff. Do you get all the features you get from ASRock at price X? No, but you get a higher quality PCB with more copper in it and better warranty support than most any other board maker. ASUS, these days, gives neither value, nor good service. It's much like Calvin Klein underwear and socks. They're not really well made, but they are priced like they are really well made. Out of cashmere. Know what I mean?

And remember, buy your motherboards from Amazon or other reputable and quality vendor that WILL replace your board if you end up with the unfortunate luck of getting one with bent pins... AKA, do NOT shop at NewEgg.

Back