• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fittings for solid pipes?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
Hey guys.

I am currently planning out my new chamge to my water loop.

I am going all out solid, and will be needing 24 fittings, which will set my back a huge amount :screwy:

I am looking at:

Bitspower Multi-Link 12/10 or
Primochill Revolver 13/10

The question is:

I will be using 12mm copper pipe, will they work with the Primochill at all?

Its kind of an issue since copper pipes only come in 10/12/15 and up sizes. So im sutck with 12, but i like the PrimoChill fitting.

Do not use copper for your loop... go with stainless steel and get some Swagelok double ferrule compression fittings. Pre swage the fittings on to the tubes, disassemble and then put it all back together in your case. Of course you'll need a tube bender as well to make it look good.

Do not use copper for your loop... go with stainless steel and get some Swagelok double ferrule compression fittings. Pre swage the fittings on to the tubes, disassemble and then put it all back together in your case. Of course you'll need a tube bender as well to make it look good.

Thats just stupid, as stainless can rust, cost about triple, and when building a theme case of black and copper, that wont ever work.

Point is, i didnt ask you to change my mind, i asked about the difference between 2 fittings.

You could also "cheat" and solder onto the pipe the fittings you need
like barbs... you do not have to go with compression fittings
you could then go block-barb-hose-barb-pipe

or forfait the barb on the pipe side completely and just use the right ID hose to fit over the block/barb and over the pipe. The short bit of hose (2" ) would act as the coupler between pipe and block/barb... without vibration issues
As that is one of the possible problems with hard pipe fitted systems: if there is any vibration on the pump, it will pass those throughout the whole system

the "soft" short hose connections would minimise that... not so sure about how that would look thou :)

You could also "cheat" and solder onto the pipe the fittings you need
like barbs... you do not have to go with compression fittings
you could then go block-barb-hose-barb-pipe

or forfait the barb on the pipe side completely and just use the right ID hose to fit over the block/barb and over the pipe. The short bit of hose (2" ) would act as the coupler between pipe and block/barb... without vibration issues
As that is one of the possible problems with hard pipe fitted systems: if there is any vibration on the pump, it will pass those throughout the whole system

the "soft" short hose connections would minimise that... not so sure about how that would look thou :)

Looks are essential, and my focus of the question we mostly, if the 12mm will work with the 13mm primochill fitting.

But i took the first step today, and ordered Bitspower fitting for my Tri-Fire setup, and i will going 12mm copper for that.

Copper pipe is in general easier to fine in imperial sizes. Actual 12mm OD pipe is a bit of a rarity unless its more available in Europe than other parts of the world.
That means that metric fittings like Bitspower are difficult to use. The primochill fittings will work fine with 1/2 inch tubing or there are 1/2 inch crystal link replicas if you google rocket science fittings from Australia.

Nice, here all i can get is 1/2" OD that is just a shade bigger than 12mm

As long as it is a true 12mm it will work with 12mm fittings, simply put it has to be right, close does not count

Can't wait to see this come together

Back