• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SS questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daddyjaxx

My system is designed to hold 300w at -30c and -50c with the computer off. At 1.35 @ 4500 on a 4930k prime and Linx, the evaporator is still at about -40c. What is the highest temp that I should allow the evaporator to go? I've seen pics of people pushing it all the way to -1. According to the specs I have researched, a 4930 only uses 107w at stock at 100 % where a 3930 used 172w.

If I was to use conformal coating, what's the best for circuitry, silicone or urethane?

I'm an expert at water, but phase is all new to me.

Conformal wise, I like silicone personally. The circuitry doesn't care in the slightest. Neither will do change anything for the PCB bits. Any contacts you spray with either one will be coated in non-conductive stuff and will no longer conduct. Keep the spray away from PCI(e) slots, SATA connectors, all other connectors, and especially CPU and DIMM slots.

You know of any local type places that carry it? Grainger does, but they are out of stock. I can order it online. I never thought a pint of aerosol could cost like 45.00.

I get mine from a local electronics supply house. Electronics supply like they're the ones that sell the TV station their electronics gear, also industrial places, etc. Not like RadioShack.

It's expensive because it's zomg-type good.
It's also toxic as whoa, you need a mask and a breeze for spraying it. It causes throat closing allergic reactions and chemical pneumonia if you inhale it. If you can smell it, your throat'll start constricting.
I know this from personal experience :D
It's not full on anaphylactic shock, but if you smell it while you're painting it's time to change painting methods or get a better mask.

Benching is more hazardous than people tend to assume :rock:

for benching or 24/7 and will the board be flat or upright ?

For benching I simply use art eraser, however this would not cut it for upright operation

The AsRock OCF comes already treated

Back