• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG Tiny Box of Horrors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
After 16 or so minutes of prime95 blend it's doing about as well as I imagined it would. Probably will leave this going for another hour or so before I head out. Don't want to leave it running unattended for the time being.

Attachments

• prime95.jpg
    prime95.jpg
    407.3 KB · Views: 127
What speed/voltage?

No problem bud!
Glad you went this route?

What speed/voltage?

No problem bud!
Glad you went this route?

Everything is stock, I most likely wont push the chip for now only because it gets a bit warm up in Mass and my room specifically when the AC isn't running. I'm glad I went this route after the fact but all during the build I'm feeling like a glutton for punishment :rofl:

Also I found my heaven benchmark screenshot so i figured i would upload that.

Attachments

• heaven.jpg
    heaven.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 126
Everything is stock, I most likely wont push the chip for now only because it gets a bit warm up in Mass and my room specifically when the AC isn't running. I'm glad I went this route after the fact but all during the build I'm feeling like a glutton for punishment :rofl:

Ahahaha sounds just like me XD
I love the little box, but I'm never taking it apart!

Haven't found a need to OC mine yet, but I do all the heavy gaming on the cube anyway...

Ahahaha sounds just like me XD
I love the little box, but I'm never taking it apart!

Haven't found a need to OC mine yet, but I do all the heavy gaming on the cube anyway...

I hear ya, I spent about an hour or so playing watchdogs and everything seemed to run smoothly even on highest settings so I should be okay, especially since I only game at 1080p.

I hear ya, I spent about an hour or so playing watchdogs and everything seemed to run smoothly even on highest settings so I should be okay, especially since I only game at 1080p.

Copycat!

I pulled a ~14hr session of Watch_Dogs on Saturday. Max settings for me also (including TXAA).

A couple of skips when there was a LOT going on, but nothing more.
Temps stayed ~70°C for the GPU and 55°C for the CPU, IIRC. 74°F ambient.

Copycat!

I pulled a ~14hr session of Watch_Dogs on Saturday. Max settings for me also (including TXAA).

A couple of skips when there was a LOT going on, but nothing more.
Temps stayed ~70°C for the GPU and 55°C for the CPU, IIRC. 74°F ambient.

Damn! I think its been a while since i've played anything for 14 hours haha, thats nuts. Those temps seem good, its nice to be able to have your data to base my system off of too.

Yeah, I got lost in the game. The story gets really good!

That was part of my curiosity behind building it, so I could help people better on SFF.
All I had built was mid/full tower stuff.

Yeah, I got lost in the game. The story gets really good!

That was part of my curiosity behind building it, so I could help people better on SFF.
All I had built was mid/full tower stuff.

Same here and the irony of it all is, I've literally never done SLI nor have i have used other PCI cards in a build. The full tower however was nice to have when I was using my custom loop with 360 rad. I had I had more patience/time though because the hydro version with the kit evga put out looked really great.

The only thing with extra cards is my server (GPU and RAID) and my bench (Crossfire).

I wouldn't want my custom loop in the ITX setup though, too small.

The only thing with extra cards is my server (GPU and RAID) and my bench (Crossfire).

I wouldn't want my custom loop in the ITX setup though, too small.

Ah thats cool, I really ought to set up a server, i've had the drives and beefy 4u rackmount case sitting in a closet for a bit now, would be nice for my next project.

Ah thats cool, I really ought to set up a server, i've had the drives and beefy 4u rackmount case sitting in a closet for a bit now, would be nice for my next project.

Go for it! Mine just acts as a NAS, game server, and TeamSpeak server.
Very convenient though, having 4x2TB of RAID5 at a Gigabit link for any device :)

Go for it! Mine just acts as a NAS, game server, and TeamSpeak server.
Very convenient though, having 4x2TB of RAID5 at a Gigabit link for any device :)

I'll had to do some research for it this week then :)

/edit

Also a question about the GPU. Can anyone tell me the direction of the airflow through the it?

Last edited:
So I am to assume the fans intake onto the fins? Just trying to think of any possible ways to increase airflow or maybe redirect airflow if possible :)

Yes, the fans push toward the pcb of the GPU.

Looking for some assistance as I'm doing my upgrading tonight and after buttoning up everything and checking temperatures, i'm finding horrendous video issues with frame rate. After I get this all figured out I'll get the pictures uploaded and post but until the show must go on. Basically what I've done is pull the memory modules and CPU cooler and replaced with a Noctua NH-U9S and a pair of G.Skill Ares 8gbx2 2133 frequency memory modules. Realtemp reports 35-40° which to me seems somewhat high for this cooler but i'm not sure if that is the culprit for this. I did have to pull everything to gain access to what I needed so I did reseat the GPU but from what I could tell was in there properly as the PCI E slot lock clicked.

Aaaand I'm back, with a better working PC but another question. In the bios setting I set my memory manually and after reverting back to auto found it to work as before. What should be changed and only be changed when setting timings etc? My bios shows 1600mhz (while i'm using 2133mhz memory) and shows 11-11-11-28 while my timings are 11-13-13-31

What are the load temps? Those are what counts.

You should be able to just set XMP.

Back