• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Multi port questions and some... help plz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chrome-187

1.) i just got the h20-x20 edge combo kit... i was just going to water cool my cpu and maybe my mother board cuz i got the asus z87 formula onboard waterblock... well i think im going to water cool my gtx 780 too...

2.) i want to know if i should get another radiator to help cool my 4770k cpu i want to overclock to atleast 4.5ghz, my motherboard, and my gtx 780 overclocked... or should i get another 240 radiator.. how many degreess will another radiator really help?

how would i install another radiator with a parallel setup? or does it have to be straight convensional serial if adding another radiator? i've been searching all over the internet for these answers with the mcr-x20 and cant find anything

3.) i also have a Case descripency... i have the cooler master storm trooper case, and my top fans are exhaust fans where i am going to mount the mcr-x20 with the 35x.... along with the 1x140mm in the rear also an exhaust... in the installation diagrams it shows that the air must push down through radiator, but that would make them intake fans which would cause the cooling in my case to be all messed up, cuz in my case stock

2 x 120mm front intake, and 1x140 rear exhaust, and 2x120 up top also exhaust

add at least a 240 and do serial loop.
you might be able to get away with adding just a 140 (to the rear exhaust), but you'll have to deal with the fans running at almost full tilt creating extra noise

Otherwise lower the speed of the front fans, up the speed of the rear exhaust fan, and yes, top becomes intake

and consider leaving the formula waterblock OUT of the loop, but its your choice.

Are you willing to hang rads outside of the case or you only want to keep it all internal?

no i do not wany any kind of external installation.. i want to keep everything internal...

i'm just wondering if i need to add another radiator or is the swiftech mcr-x20 240mm rev3 radiator good enough in parallel mode by itself?

and if i did decide to add the radiator would it have to be be serial or can it be parallel with my multiport rad and multi port cpu block the appogee hd from swiftech...

can i flip the fans and make them exhaust flow from case instead of making them intake flow like what the radiator calls for...

Attachments

• HD-Multiblock-setupx300.jpg
    HD-Multiblock-setupx300.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 26
Ram cooling is completely pointless and all it does is impede flow. Unless you're doing crazy high overclocking which folks barely do than it's not worth but since you already have them than oh wells keep them in place. I would add more heat surface unless you're happy with your temps. You most likely getting the same temps you would get on air. If you could stick a 120.2 / 240mm somewhere in there than that should be fine. You could even get away with a 120.1 / 120mm but remember the more heat surface you have the more cooler it will be at a much quieter RPM. The less rad you have the more ramped up fans you will need to have. Also, since CPU's are very sensative to heat, you could have the loop go from the pump to ram than CPU than GPU back to the rad. Otherwise you'll be increasing the CPU's temp by 1c-3c since the heat from the GPU is dumped on it if you say decide to OC it hard.

Also you don't need all the hole's used on the CPU block. I have the same block and use the IN and one of the 3 OUTs. No need for all of that. Keep it as simple as possible. You're just making the pump work harder. Also you'll want to be in the 1.0-1.5 GPM threshold to be efficient.

im not cooling the ram... i just wanted to add a example picture of my setup...

i was maybe thinking about my motherboard since its the formula, and the gpu and cpu... but using the config like the picture above how would you add another radiator into that setup?

Back