• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stalker Shadow Of Chernobyl: Lost Alpha mod released

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

magellan

This mod has grown to a gigantic size and no longer requires Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl be installed. It's basically a re-make of Stalker: SoC that includes interesting levels/monsters left out of the original Stalker: SoC. Apparently the original creators of SoC even helped out with this mod. It's a multi-gigabyte mod.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/lost-alpha

Thank you for the heads up, Will give it a try after I finish Metro last light.

Please tell me what you think of it when you get it. I can't tie up my
internet connection for ten hours to download the monster mod, because
I have to share it w/other people.
I'd like to d/l it from work, but that would be a whole separate set of issues.

So has anyone out there tried this mod? I just read the specs for it -- the top end graphics options (DX 10 lighting) have a suggested system memory requirement of 8+ GiB and a video card of Nvidia GTX 700 series or AMD 7000 series or better. This mod weighs in at ~8 GiB when all patches have been installed (which is the only reason I haven't dl'ed it yet. It incorporates all the maps that were thrown out before the original Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl was released.

i just downloaded all 4 parts plus the latest patch which says the 2 other patches aren't required. total size is 6.62gb's zipped.

just finished installing it, all settings to max but only at 1360x768.

i just downloaded all 4 parts plus the latest patch which says the 2 other patches aren't required. total size is 6.62gb's zipped.

just finished installing it, all settings to max but only at 1360x768.

Have you played it yet Spawn-Inc? Is it any good? I know it took a couple of years for them to finish this mod. For some reason, the
mod no longer requires a legal copy of Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl either as the mod is now stand-alone.

Back