• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Here's one for ya....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eobard

Give me a break Senior
I'm seriously contemplating getting into watercooling and just out of curiousity I was wondering if you Intellites watercool. I can see the need in AMD city but I was just wondering about Intel.

i did a while back....
run a 633 cBo @ 112 FSB with water
always stayed in the 20's....
currently have a heatsink on....
But I will go back to water, one day.
(water is silent, ok maby not, but its only as load as a fish tank.)

I really don't remember well, but alot of the Intel computers I've seen watercooled, were in the lower 20's, or if it was a rather good block in the high 10's.

Yodums

eobard said:
AnyBUMP else?

:mad: my answer not good enough for you ?? j/k :D

19C idle, how is that for upper 10c's
used a bong 5'1'', DD maze1, 400gpg, 20 litre res.

room temp was about 21. and the cpuwas pushing almost 50 watts of heatb (2.1-2.3 Vcore, 1.65 default)

The great thing about intel chips is that watercooling is not a must for o/c... when in some AMD chips you don't have much of a choice. Personally I like watercooling it gives me that extra help that I need when o/c. Plus it makes me feel good about my self when my friends ask "water+computer=good/cool??????".

My advice is if you or doing everything right (air cooling wise) and your temp is still to high for me 40C+ then go water.

eobard said:
How can I believe someone who isn't a CPU Tony Randal anymore?

its fun to change....
Next time i update the life and times of a BX board, you may just get Tony Randal back......
just need a good slotket

Back