• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HD6870 running at 2.0 X 1x

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daddyjaxx

That's what the BIOS and GPUz shows no matter what slot I have it installed in on a Maximus V. The benchmarks don't seem to support this. Even Windows 7 gives it a 7.7 and running at 1x, this could never happen.

My 6850 did this...

Right before I burnt my mobo.. (Drew too many amps through mobo 12v wires)

It doesn't ramp up under load. It may be what Silver_Pharaoh is saying. I think I'll switch PSU's I'm using an old OCZ 500w to test the board to sell. I definitely don't want to burn it up.

It doesn't ramp up under load. It may be what Silver_Pharaoh is saying. I think I'll switch PSU's I'm using an old OCZ 500w to test the board to sell. I definitely don't want to burn it up.

Check for any signs of melting as well as burn marks :(

But I doubt it would be the mobo in your case, my mobo was a cheapy cheap pre-built board :p

I don't know. It's just a spare card and PSU I have laying around that I use for testing. I'm going to test it with a Corsair AX750 and see if it's better. I'm also using a molex to PCIE adapter. That could be bad too.

I don't know. It's just a spare card and PSU I have laying around that I use for testing. I'm going to test it with a Corsair AX750 and see if it's better. I'm also using a molex to PCIE adapter. That could be bad too.

Not likely, unless the connections are loose.

I'm using the same Molex -> Pcie adapter for my 7850, no issues in terms of bandwidth speeds.

Back