• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Error folding with GTX 560Ti/Server 2008

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OK. I finally, FINALLY got it working. I used a driver removal tool and removed all Nvidia and AMD drivers. Rebooted several times as needed. I installed one of my R9-280x cards and let AMD's web site pick the driver for me. I believe its 13-12. I've been folding with it for about 3 days so I know its working this time.

If your folding with the 13.X series driver, you are leaving alot of points on the table.......:sly:

Grab at minimum AMD Catalyst™ 14.4 WHQL Certified Drivers, if not the latest AMD Catalyst™ 14.9 WHQL Certified Device Drivers and take advantage of what those cards can produce. :thup:

(I've been folding with the 14.9's since release with no ill effect. ymmv)

If your folding with the 13.X series driver, you are leaving alot of points on the table.......:sly:

Grab at minimum AMD Catalyst™ 14.4 WHQL Certified Drivers, if not the latest AMD Catalyst™ 14.9 WHQL Certified Device Drivers and take advantage of what those cards can produce. :thup:

(I've been folding with the 14.9's since release with no ill effect. ymmv)

Really?

Any figures? I thought the 14.xx were crappy for folding???
I'm still on 13.12!

Pande Lab, Stanford University:

New AMD GPU driver improves performance

We’re excited to announce that AMD has recently updated their GPU drivers from version 13.x series to 14.x series. Version 14.x includes updated OpenCL code that helps Folding@home run faster on GPUs (using fahcore_17). This results in a 5-10% improvement in performance. This should result in more points for some of the AMD GPU users.

I'll check the logs. However, I'm now on my third GPU, all used but all working yet they fail in this machine. I may just reload the OS from scratch. It's probably time for me to practice load a server OS again anyway.

You know what they say "Practice makes Perfect" :rofl:

Are any of you running on Windows Small Business Server 2008? That's my OS on this machine.

Well here's a kick in the teeth. My 660Ti fully died in my gaming rig. I installed the same 560Ti that would not work in two other machines and it has been folding 24/7 for 4 days withour a hitch. WT@....... Points is points and good work units are good.

Back