• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED PC shuts down when reboot is requested

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RubyBeats

Registered
Since i have set multiplier to 20 or 20.5 feature my computer shutsdown when a reboot is requested.

Normaly my computer keeps running when reboot is requested my fans keep spinning only Windows restarts.
Now my computer totally shutsdown and boots up again, what am i doing wrong here ?
Everytime my system restarts my HDD get's a slap on the back which results in system repair every bootup

I also have tried to increase the fsb a little and increase the vcore to 1.3v but it doesn't work either

Specs:

CPU: FX 8320
Cooler: Hyper 212 evo
Motherboard: 970A -UD3p
RAM: G.Skill 1600 Mhz 2x4GB
PSU: Corsair CX750

Last edited:
It shuts down and completely restarts because it's a dual bios board. That's how the board re-sets itself after a failed overclock attempt. Totally normal on the Gig boards.
If you have to keep repairing your OS afterwards, check your ram settings. Something isn't right. You're getting data corruption for somewhere. Most likely the ram.

Also, I'd be wary of doing much overclocking of an 8320 on that board. It's not very stout in the VRM department.

Since i have set multiplier to 20 or 20.5 feature my computer shutsdown when a reboot is requested.

Normaly my computer keeps running when reboot is requested my fans keep spinning only Windows restarts.
Now my computer totally shutsdown and boots up again, what am i doing wrong here ?
Everytime my system restarts my HDD get's a slap on the back which results in system repair every bootup.

I also have tried to increase the fsb a little and increase the vcore to 1.3v but it doesn't work either

Specs:

So it fails to post windows. Yea that's normal when unstable.

How about the temps? Can you raise the v-core higher? 1.4250v is about the max voltage on the turbo P-states, you likely won't need that much.

So keep bumping the cpu vcore until it runs stable. Test running a program called Prime95

RubyBeats, please create one thread per topic. I've merged all of them here and moved it to General Hardware since you aren't sure what is wrong.

RubyBeats, please create one thread per topic. I've merged all of them here and moved it to General Hardware since you aren't sure what is wrong.

Yea he's running too low of cpu voltage. That was easy to see.

Everytime my system restarts my HDD get's a slap on the back which results in system repair every bootup.

Specs:

Having to repair Windows is soo not normal. This looks like possibly a real big BIOS bug.

When you go back into Windows, is there any crash data?

First of all thanks for all your help i reallllllly appreciate it !!! :clap:

Welcome, Have you tried to put it back to the stock settings & if so does that fix it?

Yes stock settings solves the issue but i am just looking for a good stable overclock without (re)boot issues.

It shuts down and completely restarts because it's a dual bios board. That's how the board re-sets itself after a failed overclock attempt. Totally normal on the Gig boards.
If you have to keep repairing your OS afterwards, check your ram settings. Something isn't right. You're getting data corruption for somewhere. Most likely the ram.

Also, I'd be wary of doing much overclocking of an 8320 on that board. It's not very stout in the VRM department.

It has a 8+2 phase VRM so it should be good enough ? I solved the corruption problem with changing my HDD. Is there a way to bypass the 2th BIOS ?

So it fails to post windows. Yea that's normal when unstable.

How about the temps? Can you raise the v-core higher? 1.4250v is about the max voltage on the turbo P-states, you likely won't need that much.

So keep bumping the cpu vcore until it runs stable. Test running a program called Prime95

It doesn't fail to post Windows it's just that my PC shuts down when i want it to (re)boot after the shutdown it boots on it's own perfectly fine.
Core temps are normal i can assure you, Prime95 runs stable once it is booted and overclocked. It's just the (re)booting itself, i will try to turn my v-core higher but i think it's a overkill with a multiplier of 20. ( 4.00Ghz )
btw 4.00 Ghz it's even a overclock afterall it's still in the range of the normal AMD power boost.

Im sorry, i wont happen again i promise :)

Yea he's running too low of cpu voltage. That was easy to see.

Ok ? well i am running at auto 1.26250 atm, it must be enough ? i've seen people with less.

My mistake, I'll move it to the storage forum then. ;)

Nooo please don't :D

Haha that made me laugh :rofl:

Yes me too :facepalm:

Having to repair Windows is soo not normal. This looks like possibly a real big BIOS bug.

When you go back into Windows, is there any crash data?

Solved the ' corruption ' issue it had nothing to do with the RAM or BIOS it was my HDD afterall :p which i replaced and doesn't gives me the corruption errors anymore. The (re)boot problem still persists.

Last edited:
No, there is no way to bypass the dual bios. Why would you want to? It almost guarantys that you won't corrupt the bios chip resulting in a bricked board.
I have corrupted both bios on a few occasions though. :D

EDIT- I see you edited your board model in your first post. That board should be fine VRM wise.

No, there is no way to bypass the dual bios. Why would you want to? It almost guarantys that you won't corrupt the bios chip resulting in a bricked board.
I have corrupted both bios on a few occasions though. :D

EDIT- I see you edited your board model in your first post. That board should be fine VRM wise.

Okay so i will always have the boot "issue" ?
And no i didn't edited my board model :p

Back