• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

INTEL HASWELL-E The lastest up date!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I saw this last week. :)

Not interested for a 24/7 rig. I am waiting for broadwell to upgrade anything really.

As far as the $1K... at least with Haswell-E, there are more cores and threads unlike IB-E where it makes ZERO sense to buy the $1K version of the 4930K for a bit more cache and 100Mhz out of the box.

Correct but as the article said, the 5930K with its up grades looks to be a contender for the most part. ;) :thup:

1, http://wccftech.com/intel-haswelle-...ations-unveiled-flagship-8-core-boost-33-ghz/

EDIT: UP DATE WITH predicted Prices!!

And if its at a reasonable price i can see people giving it a go ED! As for myself i am very happy @ where i am and no plans for the future to up grade this end.

As for Broadwell when you get that i would be interested to have a good look at that with you. :attn: :salute:

AJ.

Last edited:
Not that I have any interest or need to buy one but "8c/16t i7-5960X" holy momma, that would be a pretty sweet chip for programs that can utilize all the cores and threads!

Yeah it seems they are going towards the Server type of CPU's if you catch my drift and still try to be main stream Manny!!

AJ.

Oh man. This 5960x is the bomb..... 8 cores 20mb. I just have to wait and sit back a few yrs before I am in for a new build. So that my current setup is for the wife and of course I got the new stuff....hey, but the 4930K oc is not to shabby either.

Yeah 8 Cores 16 Threads @ 20mb not too shabby, would make someone a nice PC for sure Bruce!! :D :thup:

AJ.

This CPU will own Vantage 3D and up.

It will be a must have if one is to compete at the top IMO

Not sure if I will have the funds or not, but if I do it would be for a benching platform exclusively, Teamed up with a 290X and 780Ti one could compete globally.

Could not justify dumping this kind of cash into my grinder as it seems to still do ok

Correct Doc, Yeah i was thinking on the same lines, maybe with 2 x TITAN BLACKS @ 6gb of DDR5 Vram, that should blow some smoke lol!! ;) :D

AJ.

Would be fun to try quad 780Ti's

Did you see Vince's stand at Computex, 4x 1500 watt power supplies for quad KPE's

Am I blind? I'm not seeing anything remotely for the Z97 boards (1150). All I've read was for the socket 2011 x79 and the new X99. Am I missing something? :confused:

Haswell "E", like ivy bridge e and sandybridge e are socket 2011cpus. You will not find information here on haswell.

FYI L3 cache size has no effect on a per clock performance basis nor will it help in gaming performance at all. For that matter anything else i can think of, it just a larger faster way to share data between cores then having the cores go to ram for the data.

im not sure why people get all "OMG 20mb of L3!!!", L3 is slow... might be faster then ram but its not faster then L2. Intel more L2 please!!

In benching it makes a bit of difference in some tests. I recall superpi responding well to more cache because the calcs could all be stored in cache or something silly like that. Who knows if it means anything now.

In benching it makes a bit of difference in some tests. I recall superpi responding well to more cache because the calcs could all be stored in cache or something silly like that. Who knows if it means anything now.

that was L2 cache ED, the doubling of L2 on core2 showed a 16.7% increase on a per clock basis. in gaming really the most a single core needed for best performance was 512kb vs 256kb. now while the archs are different and more efficient per clock then core 2. they may have been able to get away with just 256kb instead. now keep in mind that this is using CPU bound resolutions so that the GPU has no effect on FPS. the only thing that would limit FPS would be the cpu it self.

i will admit though ED, that i have not looked at same clock speed 1/2/3/4 gen i's. being at the same clock speed where L3 size was different... just consider L3(is the uncore speed) does run slower then L2(runs at core speed). kinda like yea i got a 10 gallon tank with a 1GPH pump feeding into a 1/2 gallon tank with a 10GPH pump.

thats just my train of thought with current gen i's. as with intels 1gen i's, the difference in L3 on the LGA1366 the larger size had no effect on per clock cpu performance.

it does look like intel has been playing with speeds.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/6355/intels-haswell-architecture/10
rather interesting read, but doesnt answer my now question of. What speed does the L3 run at on current gen i's. From just reading the haswell portion though, it sounds like that cpu performance should take a hit. due to different speeds on the buses. i am assuming that Haswell-E is using the same 3 bus system as Haswell.

I'm saving for the Intel Core i7-5960X, 8 Cores 16 Thread, 40 PCI-e lanes, DDR4 mem on the the Wellsburg X99 chipset which means new MoBo and ram. Total overhaul, yeah Da Bomb! I'll have to go with "real" water cooling. :)

5960X is definately in my future. I am guessing the cpu will be around 1100$ and the X99 mbo around $499 and DDR4? probably around $600 for 64GB. What do you think of my prediction in price wise?

Back