• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Custom I/O Panels

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sciara

Hey all, even though this is my first post I have been into modding / customizing cases for years now. None of my builds are famous or posted around the interwebs, it has been more of a 'Tuesday night, WoW's down, time to do something' thing to me lol.

Well here is my problem, I have an Antec 900 case that I acquired from a mate of mine, it's a really nice case and has some good potential so I'm working on it now. Heres an image for those who don't know what it is;

3687-1.jpg

As I said, it's a nice case. My problem is the top ports are stuffed (Audio, Firewire, USB) so I want to rebuild that part with a power switch. Here is an image of the area I'm working with now:

antec_nine_hundred_input.jpg

My ideas so far are;

- Build an entire acrylic structure and put in another computers panel.
- Cut it out and put a 5.25" Multifunction panel with I/O switch in.
- Cover the hole with just another computers USB / Audio ports, build a custom power switch on the pillars on the front of the case.

Anyone have any good ideas? Measurements of the area are -

159mm x 23mm (6.25" x 0.9") (HxW) (this is for the smaller area where the ports etc are).

168mm x 41mm (6.61" x 1.61") (HxW) (this is the entire section where the ports etc are).

Hi,

Can you clarify just a bit? Do you want more ports (ie USB/firewire) because you are using them all? Do you want a better looking power/reset buttons? Both?

Navig

Back