• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trading with cryptos

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Your stance changed... *cough* Curecoin *cough*...... :p

Great thread Ivan, thanks! :)

Damn... I still have a bunch of VTC too :-/

Too bad about curecoin eh?
Good idea, but now look at it....
Still have 50 CURE though.

I like to take a few gambles here and there...I hold Qora and some Cures, but don't expect them to go anywhere.

This thread is more about what I'd reccomend people do if they are serious about making money, reliably with trading ;)

Which is what I do with my trading funds...some I dump to get btc, some I gamble a bit, but mostly I trade using a plan and a defined strategy.

Would you mind posting some numbers for your trading? Like your overall position since you started? You don't have to disclose how many of anything you have (hell I sure won't), but percentage changes would be nice to see.

First batch of trades:

tano.JPG

%19,9517 gain (minus a trade that I haven't closed yet, might end up being a loss for all I know...we'll see)

Next batch of trades (wip):

hft.JPG

Incurred in some bigger losses this time, I had a problem with automatic orders heh...still good, finally found my most efficient strategy and trade plan to date.
95% less stressful than the first batch of trades you see up there.

No prob...I'm in the process of implementing a new strategy.

I've made a lot of testing with demo accounts and one succesful real trade with it so far, but it seems to be the best way to go about it, to match my trading style and session duration.

Litecoin's going down hard...dump that stuff and get some non-inflationary coins without ASIC dudes dumping it to heck and back. :/

Been getting that impression myself now that Darkcoin has passed it in value. I have almost 3 LTC and 4 DRK... I think I'd like to trade and hold only DRK now.

Will probably just sell the rest of my VTC for cash.

Good idea...

See here, sample trade and resistance/support/pivot calculations.
Figured those numbers out last night before going to bed, basing off the open, low, close and high prices from yesterday's activity.

image.png

darkcoin.JPG

I'm still peeved I wasted so much time on Vertcoin. Had a feeling either it or DRK would go places, so I blew weeks building up my VTC and only had a couple days mining before DRK exploded.

I'd be doing real well now had I prioritized DRK instead :(

It's hard to tell some times...VTC was only good news for miners really, they lacked in the promotion department despite all the hype.

I looked real hard at DRK and mined and held a bit, but ended up having to sell my 50 mined coins one day, it was 0.0035 at the time :(
I really needed to cash out anyway, but it sucks.

I can post a few free resources and books in the Op if you guys want, apart from the links already there.

Did you check them out or what? :D

I glanced them over. Really though, I can't afford to get into hardcore trading yet. Still need all my mining profits to keep my head above water. It's going to be a very hard summer for me.

But, I'm determined to not touch my DRK stash for a while. At least, not until they're worth a good deal more ;)

I need to blow out my Maxcoin too. Price rallied a bit - never going to be a better time.

Dump max yeah...Max pumped it with some announcements of a stabilization fund, lol, probably bullcrap.

Btw, check this site out: https://cryptrader.com/

I'm using it to monitor many altcoins at once, and it also lets you use automatic orders if you hook it up to your exchange's trading API key.

Planning to sell off 75% of my vert today and half of my ltc holdings.

I have started moving some ltc around over the last few days. Put a small dent in my ltc holdings. Hopefully I can pick a winner.
My choice of held coins are not doing anything exciting lately...

Told ya, holding without looking at the price is wishful thinking at best.
Hope I'm wrong with ltc but I don't see it going anywhere after the latest chain of events.

Guys, check out this site: https://cryptrader.com/

It offers automatic trading, stop loss orders, multiple charts for all coins and exchanges and lets you trade from it with faster response than the site's UI.

I bought a subscription to use the automated trading stuff, it's still in development but it'll let you scan for patterns of your choosing and even have the bot trade for you when certain conditions meet.

Awesome sauce :p

I love swing trading on cryptsy - I know that market is maligned but the volume is so high I love trading there.

if you trade in large enough volume - 1-200k you can pickup 2-10k per trade on doge, which is primarily what i trade into from btc.

Back