• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wind7 and Office 2010, needs activation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deeppow

Long story short, my motherboard died and the MS Win7 OS had become slow and definitely needed refreshing with a new install.Turned out both the Win7 64 and my Office 2010 needed reactivation after the new OS was installed.

All these are a result of a motherboard failure(s), yet M$ seems quite happy to profit from my misfortune. Why ain't I surprised?

2B$ for the Clippers, enough said.

Why can't you reactivate? Usually hardware failure causing a reinstall isn't a problem.

Lvoyote,

Thanks for the question. Haven't tried that yet because a RMA motherboard is coming and in case of problems I don't want to have to repeat the process yet again.

The amount of time I've spent on the phone with activation/reactivation is well up in the 10's of hours over ~25 yrs of building computers. (I'm clearly to darn old!)

Wow, I've reactivated after installing different hardware and such several times, never took more more than a couple minutes each time.

Well apparently some multi billionaires are willing to spend $2BN on a new hobby after they've retired :shrug: It's probably because NBA teams don't come up for sale very often and Steve Ballmer didn't want to dicker and chance losing out.

Back