• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Grand Theft Auto V Coming to PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Since it's coming to PS4/Xbox One they kinda have to "optimize" it for those x86 consoles. They're definitely going to end up doing more than just get it running on PC.

I still see it for nearly half off purchasing elsewhere ;) Aside from the mistake that was BF4, I have not paid full price ON RELEASE for any modern titles. I'd be willing to bet this will be up at G2A and other sites for at least $20 off the regular retail price of $60. Similar sites will also have it for a heavily discounted price, just make sure the codes are not region locked and good to go ;)

Rockstar branding means nothing.

Haven't heard of this website. I just looked and they already have global Cd key for 46 dollars :) preorder

That's just an example, there are plenty of other sites. Just so long as the site isn't fraudulent, you can get great deals on preorders and also deals a week after release.

That's just an example, there are plenty of other sites. Just so long as the site isn't fraudulent, you can get great deals on preorders and also deals a week after release.

Please share a few RELIABLE sites you have purchased from

My advice would be just keeping an eye on SlickDeals and follow the threads. You may see german sites, french sites, russian sites, etc. but a lot of times they are global keys which are what you'd want. I would list others, but due to a housefire, atm my phone is my computer :/ So I dont have my bookmarks or anything. Sorry I cant help with specific sites aside from G2A :/

My advice is just follow the threads at SlickDeals and even over on reddit. Make sure others are getting their keys :p

Last edited:
$30 from Direct2Play? Damn! I wasn't planning on buying at release but I might just end up doing it.

edit: damn, too bad it's out of stock.

Just keep an eye on it, they tend to run out of keys rather quick, lol. Hopefully they will restock at that same price.

Bah probably will get it for the PC.... I'm eager to get it now!

And now finally I got a controller to hook up to the PC, my Xbox One works great with it. So that will make the experience more enjoyable for me at least.

I realize this thread is a couple months old but this news is relevant. PC Version is being delayed until the end of January 2015. Next gen consoles get it in November.

Major bummer.

Damn :/

I know GTA V looks pretty damn good on my 360, though I haven't played it in a while since I got my new consoles. Was looking forward to a choice on what version I'd really get. Still leaning on the next gen consoles but PC mods for the GTA IV have been great so might just hold tight on this one and play the many games I have now. Finally slowing down on buying some games haha, so with that probably wait til next year on getting the updated version.

Last edited:
Damn :/

I know GTA V looks pretty damn good on my 360, though I haven't played it in a while since I got my new consoles. Was looking forward to a choice on what version I'd really get. Still leaning on the next gen consoles but PC mods for the GTA IV have been great so might just hold tight on this one and play the many games I have now. Finally slowing down on buying some games haha, so with that probably wait til next year on getting the updated version.

I was blown away how good it looked on 360 and ps3. Great optimization on rock star a part. I just hope the PC version gets some TLC and runs good

Says on steam it won't be released until early 2015... ridiculous. Game came out Sept 2013 on 360/PS3. They're making us wait 15+ months for a PC/nextgen version? What the hell?

I suppose just hope that it is well polished unlike the earlier GTA ports to PC at release.

I suppose just hope that it is well polished unlike the earlier GTA ports to PC at release.

We all know it won't be polished though. The track record for GTA releases on PC points to sloppy slopperness and that's it. I don't expect this game to be efficient or optimized when it comes to PC. I think you will need at least a GTX 780 to enjoy a high framerate on high settings at a mere 1080P.

Your never know, there is no way RockStar can ignore the almost cult following of GTA IV modding. And with current GTA V mods even, minimal but people went as far as to hack thier consoles just so they could mod GTA v......

Hopefully the extra wait for the PC version will be worth it....

Back