• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Grand Theft Auto V Coming to PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I generally wait until the last minute as there are always deals online for anywhere between $10-30 off.

I generally wait until the last minute as there are always deals online for anywhere between $10-30 off.

From what I've seen Rockstar doesn't seem to discount right before release...even steam sales don't seem to feature Rockstar games often

From what I've seen Rockstar doesn't seem to discount right before release...even steam sales don't seem to feature Rockstar games often

I don't believe that is true. I've seen gta4 featured many times as well as LA Noire and Bully.

I don't believe that is true. I've seen gta4 featured many times as well as LA Noire and Bully.

Bully and gta 4 came out in 2008, and LA Noire in 2011. 6 and 3 years old... That's quite a bit of time. Obviously those are gonna be on sale after being out for so long.

Gta 5 won't be on sale for awhile after release.. I'm not sure what you meant by " wait til the last minute". If you mean waiting awhile then yes you'll be able to get it at a discounted price. If you mean last minute as in right before release I doubt you'll see a price drop.

This is just my opinion, take it with a grain of salt.

Bully and gta 4 came out in 2008, and LA Noire in 2011. 6 and 3 years old... That's quite a bit of time. Obviously those are gonna be on sale after being out for so long.

Gta 5 won't be on sale for awhile after release.. I'm not sure what you meant by " wait til the last minute". If you mean waiting awhile then yes you'll be able to get it at a discounted price. If you mean last minute as in right before release I doubt you'll see a price drop.

This is just my opinion, take it with a grain of salt.

Has there been any more recent Rockstar games to compare against that are on PC?

My point is I don't preorder at full price, I should have specified that. I've gotten many games in the last week prior to release for between 20-50% off (most recent was titan fall for $30 and watch dogs for $35)

Has there been any more recent Rockstar games to compare against that are on PC?

My point is I don't preorder at full price, I should have specified that. I've gotten many games in the last week prior to release for between 20-50% off (most recent was titan fall for $30 and watch dogs for $35)

Gotcha.. I still don't see Rockstar discounting their pride and joy before the actual release date. But we will shall see. If it's discounted I'll cancel my preorder.

I personally can't wait for this. Been holding onto my X360 a wee bit longer to keep access to the game but this might be that turning point where I can get rid of it. With newer versions or re-mastered games coming out here in the near future for a few items. No point into holding onto them. Time to move forward.

Question is weather I will get it for the console or the PC. Undecided, but I know the mods for the PC have been great with GTA IV. Just not sure I want to deal with the hassle of it.

I personally can't wait for this. Been holding onto my X360 a wee bit longer to keep access to the game but this might be that turning point where I can get rid of it. With newer versions or re-mastered games coming out here in the near future for a few items. No point into holding onto them. Time to move forward.

Question is weather I will get it for the console or the PC. Undecided, but I know the mods for the PC have been great with GTA IV. Just not sure I want to deal with the hassle of it.
I would say pc. Probably higher resolution... More fps and more graphic options.. I doubt new consoles will run max graphic settings, with 1080p, and Maintain 60 fps. Not to mention 2560x1440. Although I don't know how beast your pc is....

Plus mods mods mods :D

Gotcha.. I still don't see Rockstar discounting their pride and joy before the actual release date. But we will shall see. If it's discounted I'll cancel my preorder.

I still see it for nearly half off purchasing elsewhere ;) Aside from the mistake that was BF4, I have not paid full price ON RELEASE for any modern titles. I'd be willing to bet this will be up at G2A and other sites for at least $20 off the regular retail price of $60. Similar sites will also have it for a heavily discounted price, just make sure the codes are not region locked and good to go ;)

Rockstar branding means nothing.

I would say pc. Probably higher resolution... More fps and more graphic options.. I doubt new consoles will run max graphic settings, with 1080p, and Maintain 60 fps. Not to mention 2560x1440. Although I don't know how beast your pc is....

Plus mods mods mods :D

I would say PC as well with a heavy emphasis on if the port is done well or not. I believe I read that GTA5 on PS4 will be 1080p/60 and would surely look fantastic. The option of modding is nice though on the PC side (assuming it is available of course).

Back