• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Grand Theft Auto V Coming to PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nope

I think ill get one my new cpu as well though. I think my issue is more then my hdd not being a ssd. I just timed it, i was at 4mins and it still wasnt loaded. While i see comparisons of hdd and ssds loading gta v, the ssd is roughly 30 secs faster then the hdd. So i think my issue is definitely something else.....

Dual -> quad would probably help, as would using an SSD instead of a spinning disk.

This game is really complicated.

There is a constant barrage of tips/hints all the time and they do not get saved between games (story mode.) Also, the autosave points are too few and everytime I load back I start in a completely different area than when I left off. I've already been sidetracked many times trying to stick to the chain of events/story because the game puts me on the other side of the city. I can't manually save unless I drive alllllllll the way across town? Also, I hit a wall lastnight on a Lester/Michael quest. Told me to show up in a suit. Well, I can't unless I spend nearly all of my money to buy one...since the previous quest made me wear street clothes and Michael's house is no longer on the map/dressing room does not let me change. Wtf?

Also, why does it autoload story mode after about 10 seconds in the main menu?

Multiplayer...oh god. I don't know how I will ever figure that out. Not to mention, I feel like I am going to be rather useless until I grind away for money and weapons. I thought there was a multiplayer tutorial? I did a few things one night and then went I went online the next, there was nothing? Did I complete it? I have no friggin idea because it doesn't tell me.

Not sure what you mean by complicated and yes there's a lot of driving so you need to be good at it. Your home a Michael didn't disappear it's there just click on the map. It'll expand then you can mouse it around if necessary. You could also switch characters if you don't feel like driving.

Again, the constant tips/how tps/controls to do everything is a little overwhelming at times. The mouse icon for those could certainly be better. I could not immediately tell what it meant anytime a mouse button was involved and when it had to be combined with another button.

The driving I don't mind. But what is the logical reason for having me spawn in random locations instead of where I last left off?

And again, Michael's house did disappear from the map at some point. It was not on the key at all either. Reappeared sometime later on its own.

I still think the game is creative, beautiful and really feels alive. But there is really so much to do it is overwhelming.

To someone that has never played GTA 5 it is overwhelming i agree! I played the online and almost gave up because it is so overwhelming with the money you need and blah blah. If you stick with it you will get it going. Driving is part of the experience in GTA series so get used to it! I agree the pc version is kinda buggy, but that maybe my hardware(dual core cpu). If i were you id purchase a gaming controller, its almost impossible to land a heli good with a keyboard and mouse!

Since the update from yesterday, my load times are around a 1 min which is totally doable! Runs alot smoother as well. Still going to get that i5 and ssd tho ;)

I have an i7 4770, 16GB ram and ONLY SSDs. Load times are still not where I would want them so I can't imagine loading on an HDD. :)

The save points really suck in this. Having to repeat a lot of missions. :-\

Last edited:
On my rig, due to the ENORMOUS size of the game, I moved it from my main ssd to a raptor drive. Load times may be a touch faster, but nothing I can really notice in comparison. I would say running it on the dual core is your issue more than running it off a spinner.

been running my install on a velociraptor..300gb iirc no problems with load times..one machine is a 2600k and the other is a 2700k, both have the same samsung 840 pro ssd as the main..same amount of ram in both. the only difference is one has sli'd gtx 560ti's 2gb and the other has 660gtx's sli'd..

Ok, after doubting if my old *** "rig" can even download this piece of gold, I gave it a try, bought the game on Sunday and finished it today. The whole time I was playing at 1980x1020, at DX 10.1, all advanced graphics settings off of course, Normal details mostly, no MSAA or whatever, some things were set on High (Water detail, reflections). And it ran somewhere around 50FPS stable. I was so surprised that my PC handled it.
Today I lowered the resolution to 1680x1050, allowed 4x Anti Aliasing and bumped some other details to High and the game runs better than ever without dipping under 60fps even during action.

Yes, the game doesn't look as good as it could on a new pc BUT I cant even tell you how proud I am that I can play this game with no issues on a pc that was even 3 years ago somewhere in the middle performance wise.

Other than that - The best game I have ever played. Hands down. I've been playing GTAs since the very first game and seeing the evolution is just staggering.

Found something I'd like to share, kinda made me laugh

NP Janus, it really did kind of remind me of Johnny Knoxville.

Started a "rampage" quest/fight in the hood with a gang. Cops were alerted. Ran up some stairs to an area where I hid out while cops and gang members had a shoot out. By this time, my wanted level was gone. Came back downstairs after the gunfire stopped, tried not to trip over all the bodies, stole a police cruiser and took it to a garage to claim it as my own.

So fun.

Started a "rampage" quest/fight in the hood with a gang. Cops were alerted. Ran up some stairs to an area where I hid out while cops and gang members had a shoot out. By this time, my wanted level was gone. Came back downstairs after the gunfire stopped, tried not to trip over all the bodies, stole a police cruiser and took it to a garage to claim it as my own.

So fun.

This is GTA in a nutshell :rock:

currently have GTA V installed on WD Black, waiting for my new GPU to come to play it along with FC4, my question, would WD Black be good enough or should i invest in a Hybrid or a proper SSD? if difference is around 1 min than i can live with it but if the difference is (load time for instance) between both is 2-3 mins than i might think of investing in SSD/Hybrid

Back