• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Grand Theft Auto V Coming to PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
looking at the system specs I wonder if a second video card would make up for only having 6 cores at 4 ghz instead of the recommended 8 cores

I think this one will come down to how well they do the port. If it's as leaky as usual, nothing will help.

GTA5 played fine on Xbox360 and PS3 so I'm certain it will be playable even on somewhat dated gaming PCs, for the true 'next gen' experience you will need some serious hardware though I think, especially a lot of fast RAM and of course high end graphics card.

I'm preloading GTA5 now and looking forward to playing whenever it's made available to me, launched on 14th but not sure what time zone that's in.

I'll be running it on a 2600k i7, 970 GTX, and 16gb RAM so I think it will run medium setting very well and the high or 'ultra' settings will run but will chug the frame rate down at times.

ya i may do that!

Apparently

''Hardware You’ll Need To Run GTA 5 At 4K''

To run the game on a 4K display at 30fps, you’ll need at minimum an AMD HD 7870 or Nvidia GTX 760 with 2GB of VRAM.” Though running it at 4K/60fps will require a “high-end SLI or Crossfire setup.

This is from Gaming World.....

Yeah probably next year, or this fall. I have such a huge backlog I don't have any huge need to play through this game again. I played through about half of it on 360 a year and a half ago.

I'm in the same boat as Janus....... Lots of games that I have not even touched.

We will see what happens on the next steam sale. Till then I wont watch any videos of it.

I got to play it this morning, runs great on my main rig at 1080p. No stuttering, popping in textures, or random slowdowns. I think rockstar nailed this one.

Ill be heading to best buy in a few to get the game. Few youtube videos showed the game running on high with a dual core cpu and a 650ti gpu, should easily be able to play the game!!

Nevermind got it off Steam!!!!

Back