• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EXPIRED One full year total out-of-pocket cost $29.99 for netTALK DUO Home Phone Service

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

c627627

c(n*199780) Senior Member
netTALK.jpg

EDIT: Expired. Now $43 :(

$29.99
Nettalk Duo Standalone Telephone Service

For $29.99 from Fry's and Amazon you get 1 year worth of service with this deal, that's under $30 out of pocket total cost. (Careful not to buy the DUO II which has only 3 months of service free, and the device is otherwise identical to DUO I)

1. You don't need a computer to use it, just internet connection. Bonus: You can use FAX directly by connecting your computer modem if you have one to this netTALK device, whereas you cannot use Fax with magicJack and some other competing devices.

2. netTALK's customer service was non-existent, but now it is a little better, you can actually chat with their customer service now after a reasonable wait, not a multi-hour wait like before. I contacted them twice in the last two weeks about service features, so this is fresh info.

I view this as a $29.99 gamble, if it works, hey if it works for more than six months, it's worth it.

Porting costs $19.95 by the way. This deal is especially useful if you don't care about the number, people have no home service and just want one as a backup option, not caring about the number, so for under $30 for a year for stand alone home phone service device, heck of deal!

Cable companies and phone companies and cell phone companies tend to claim one monthly or yearly price, but the out-of-pocket actual cost is almost always higher due to numerous fees. Even netTALK has additional fees if you renew but not when you buy the device initially, it's plug & go for a year for $29.99.

Last edited:
Back