• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my new gaming rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

prescient

hello everyone

maximums hero vl / i7-4770k /gtx 780 windforce /16gb dual hyper beast ram 2400/WD cB 1tb FZEX/cm storm
trooper/SAMSUNG 2333SW lcd/corsair 750 tx/ win8 64bit pro
i finally made it . am still to get a cpu water cooler . it was out of stock.

3rd party hoseted pictures are blocked at my office. Host them internally or list what the clock and voltage is. ;)

OCFinsertimages.png

sure

Attachments

• Capture.png
    Capture.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 127
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    39.1 KB · Views: 126
I thought you were overclocking? What you posted is, essentially, stock clocks and voltage except with all 4 cores instead of one at the turbo clock. When you overclock, then post up some pictures. :)

If this is as far as you are going to 'overclock' than it looks fine to me assuming its stable, and temps are in order.

I'd look at a good air cooler instead. NHD14 or 15. I don't trust those AIO water coolers. NHD15 competes with H100i for cooling performance.

Just put together a system with a 4770K running at 4.2GHz 1.20 core fixed with a Corsair 110 using the stock fans and am getting 70C as a high using 25 runs LinX with all memory with an ambient of 24C

TBH I do not know if that is any good or not, I do not typically mess around with this ambient stuff, some feed back would be awesome as if this AIO is doing a decent job or not, and will tell if the debate on an air cooler for the OP is a viable one.

Too many variables to tell Witch... reviews show the 14/15 keeping up with H100i so its as good as an AIO. TOCN seems to think they will fail taking down his entire block passing all system fail safe's or something... :p

I still have a my TT Water 2.0 Extreme running strong in my LAN part PC

Has been going strong for two or three years now. But I will say it is a much better chip than the one in this build 1.22 for 4.2 is terrible compared to the last 3 4770k's I have had.

I for one am an advocate for AIO cooling since reviewing the TT 2.0
Bought this cooler since it had 280mm surface area and the case I used could accommodate it. Temps seem reasonable but as stated do not mess around with this ambient stuff that much.

I have my NHD-14 for my build, and I still keep finding myself looking at the NZXT Krakken series of AIO coolers.

I've got both.
Unless you want the extra 100MHz (not a noticeable change) then just keep the NH-D14.
The D14 is quieter than any AIO I've seen. By a LONG shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back