• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monero, XMR (aka MRO)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think he's using the threat of an exploit to buy in. Could still be an exploit, but I am way far from being convinced it's either real, won't be patched, or will in any way be a coin killer.

Whether he does it or not, I'm holding. My hardware and power are paid for... all I need is some popcorn for the next 72 hours.

:popcorn:

@klear
Probably is, though I don't have any XMR anyway I'd like to see where this goes.

I am watching to jump back in if there is a fix or a retraction, etc.

About all I've learned so far is that I don't want to ever become a forum member over at Bitcointalk. Don't think I've ever seen trolling at that level before.

Still have all my holdings, and am mining more.

Last edited:
About all I've learned so far is that I don't want to ever become a forum member over at Bitcointalk. Don't think I've ever seen trolling at that level before.

Still have all my holdings, and am mining more.

The majority of the people in that forum is disgusting...a bunch of scammers, thieves, crack addicts/gamblers. The worst kind of people surround BTC, cause logically they are in it for the money, and dream of getting rich quick, believe the greater fool will save them.

That's part of the reason we wanted to make a difference with CHILD.

As for the fud, don't believe ANYTHING those guys say, 99% is rumors, ''news', whatever...they want to lower prices to buy in and then control supply. It's a market manipulation tactic, the same way as analysts and paid news manipulate the stock and forex markets via herd panic raising...dismiss it, be your own judge. If someone's selling, someone's buying, and a LOT. ;)

2+2 guys, never panic, when people panic, and there's huge volume, you buy in cause prices are going back up surely. Just be patient and don't be overly greedy when trading. If you got a good % gain, sell and don't look back. The moment your emotions tell you 'it'll keep going, don't wanna miss out on the top, we're going to the moon...", do the opposite and sell.

:)

Monero technical analysis: https://cryptrader.com/c/lt7ufAIn

All is well, in fact, this looks like the start of a new major uptrend, since manipulators grabbed a HUGE chunk of the floating supply, coming from weak hands who panicked.
I see 50s to 70s being hit soon. Be patient and hold or buy now.

Last edited:
I hear ya - had to sell a few XMR yesterday to get bills paid, but I still have plenty. I'd just as soon not have sold at all, but it's been hard here lately. Will be back on XMR mining next week. Might alternate between that and Darknote, depending on what's more profitable in the moment. The thing I like about Darknote is when I sell it I don't feel guilty about dipping into my XMR stash :D

Meantime, I'm taking a little break from mining XMR to mine some more CHILD. Want to get that holding stash up to an even 1k, which will then be held indefinitely.

1K?
How many cards do you run again????

One 280X, two 7950s, two 270s, two 270X, one 6870, one 7770. 26mhs on X11, total, or 3.3khs on cryptonight (with the 2500K in the main rig also mining at 145h/s).

I was mining from minute one on CHILD though, so once the opening free-for-all was done and difficulty settled down I started really pulling them in.

Got a board/CPU expected to arrive next week, and then I can take another 6 or so cards. Hoping they will be all 280Xs or 7950s. Not sure when that will happen though... I'm in no rush to buy cards while profits are this absurd. Just wanted to get that extra board and chip in here so I have it when I need it.

I have 200... and the only reason I'm not mining more is cause I upgraded to 14.6 beta and X11 won't run...

There are at least two SGMiner mod versions that will run X11 on 14.6... the badman74 version in the SGMiner v5 thread over at Bitcoin talk is the faster one once optimized, but I haven't done much with it yet on account of it only giving me 200khs more than the one I was already using on the 280X. Seems to do nothing at all faster on the 270s.

I've got 200 CHILD stashed...
I've been watching the monero diff here and there, still making less than $1/day if I were to mine it.

At this point it's either 'go big or go home' - more cards.

Claymore just released his v8.0 miner. It's put 260h/s on my whole farm without doing too much tweaking yet. Doesn't seem to have done much for the office rig, but the dedicated machine with one 7950 and three 270s went from 1575 to 1745 h/s. It's added about 50h/s to each 270, with smaller gains to the 7950s and 280X.

Power draw is down, too. The dedicated machine is pulling 10W less.

Also - there is now apparently a competing AMD miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781816.0

Goes without saying one should use it at one's own risk. I'm sticking to Claymore.

Thanks for the update OW. I should be getting just over 4.3Kh/s with the upgrade (though the pool always reports less, I'm assuming due to the fees).

That is with 7 280x/7970s and 3 7870s.

Edit: This looks a bit better

hashes.jpg

Last edited:
I seem to be averaging about 3.6khs, up from 3.2, and payouts are showing definite improvement. I did have the v8 instance on the main rig crash into a memory hog somehow to the point it was locked up solid, but it hasn't done that more than once. Saw the same thing happen on the office rig once on v7, but again no more than once.

Thermal management could use work. Does fine controlling the fans, but when you close the miner the fans stay where they were last set by the miner. Kind of annoying.

Claymore's said he's planning to reduce the devfee now that he has competition from the other AMD miner.

Hmmm. Wonder if it's any better to give CHILD a break and try this new miner?
50H/s per 270 so that's about 100 H/s extra - ~1Kh then for me..

Hmmmm.

Stability seems to be a real problem for Claymore v8. I've had problems with it on all rigs but the one with the 6870. The dedicated machine's crashed to desktop twice now on that miner, where it ran for weeks totally stable with v6. It pretty much sat there idling all night last night due to that. The main rig's gone down to a memory leak once, while the office rig's done the same.

I've now got the kachur miner running on the dedicated machine. It's about 25 h/s slower than Claymore v8, but it seems as power efficient and I really hope it proves more stable. Not ready to trust it on the other rigs just yet.

kachur with the latest kernels runs about 417 h/s per 270.

Edit - the main rig's now gone down twice. This is aggravating.

Last edited:
Mine child and hodl ;)

I'm going to switch back over to child myself for the day. In no mood to babysit that Claymore miner all day, and the difficulty looks fine to me.

The kachur miner ran all night on the dedicated machine with no issues. Doesn't mean there aren't any, but it takes more than just a few hours to tell.

Mine child and hodl ;)

Check out the op, we got news and some announcements coming.

I am/doing :)
I dunno about switching if Oaky Wolf is having issues with v08 Claymore. I already have to babysit my rig mining any coin - the miner will just dies and close randomly :confused:
Hopefully this 'kachur' miner is more stable for you :cheers:

Thank god CGWatcher can restart the miner every 2 hours :)

Back