• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monero, XMR (aka MRO)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Mining xmr on my FX8120 at stock clocks, debian 64 bits OS, with hugepages flags enabled for 8 threads.

I get 300h/s, not half bad I guess.

I have yet to oc this thing, got a Coolermaster V8, which came with the rig, so it should be able to do 4ghz easily.

- - - Updated - - -

Mining xmr on my FX8120 at stock clocks, debian 64 bits OS, with hugepages flags enabled for 8 threads.

I get 300h/s, not half bad I guess.

I have yet to oc this thing, got a Coolermaster V8, which came with the rig, so it should be able to do 4ghz easily.

5 dollars a month, without accounting for power costs...bye bye mining.

Ka-CHING! :

I give mad props to you guys who can trade and live off mining. Not as easy as it once was for sure. :cheers:
Hopefully, one day mining will be good again. I miss mining already. :(

I wouldn't say I'm living off trading and mining... hoping to one day, but this isn't that day.

I used to make the same as my day job's pay for a year with these things.
Then it halved, and was still good, for a couple of months, then the investors decided to sell and I was left with trading funds only.
I went 5x and paid off credit card interest, then started from scratch again and here I am.
Slowly making 2-4% whole account per day or every two days.

- - - Updated - - -

I used to make the same as my day job's pay for a year with these things.
Then it halved, and was still good, for a couple of months, then the investors decided to sell and I was left with trading funds only.
I went 5x and paid off credit card interest, then started from scratch again and here I am.
Slowly making 2-4% whole account per day or every two days.

I make little or no profit mining. Right now, it is an interesting way to heat my basement...
I haven't studied up enough on trading to feel comfortable doing it and I dont have the time.
My biggest profits so far have come from mining and holding, so I guess that is what I will likely continue to do. And Hope for long term gains.

Some people were holding, waiting for the market to stop dropping in 1929 too...just saying.

I hope you guys managed to sell at 1k or its whereabouts, or at least above 500 while it lasted, cause we won't return there anytime soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Some people were holding, waiting for the market to stop dropping in 1929 too...just saying.

I hope you guys managed to sell at 1k or its whereabouts, or at least above 500 while it lasted, cause we won't return there anytime soon.

I've asked this question in a few other threads here and elsewhere but have gotten no responses. Is there anybody that knows of an Android miner for phones? I have a few old Android phones laying around and would be curious to mess around with it see what they could hash.

If you can compile on your Androids, you can probably just build a miner on your phone...

Btw, you can now margin trade monero and dash (former darkcoin) at poloniex.com.
That means, you can borrow funds to multiply your position size for increased rewards (and risk), and can also sell short, which lets you borrow monero to sell ir for bitcoin and then repay the loan when monero loses value vs bitcoin, hence pocketing the price difference as profit.

Hmm, not sure how I feel about that one. Sounds too potentially risky for my blood.

Still holding xmr.
Btw what the heck happened to vert? Come to check on its price and see i have like almost $500 worth now,was there some news i missed?

it changed algorithms a while back, I haven't paid attention for a while.

Back