• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monero, XMR (aka MRO)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have been out of the loop as well...Someone bought my own coin and made it go 17x in one day!? o_O
x-children (CHILD)

I've noticed a pattern of that happening on various coins with a certain pump and dump group. Been trying to stay away from those guys as a trader, but a couple times they have pumped a coin I was holding. I take advantage of it when I can catch them doing it.

Haven't been doing much trading lately... I was trying to do the day trading thing with some success, but I've been trying to move to the bigger market swings instead. That's slowed things down considerably, because I'm only holding a handful of different coins. I'm waiting for XMR to go above 0.004 again before I make another move, having bought in around 0.002 with my previous SPR trading proceeds.

Last edited:
I've noticed a pattern of that happening on various coins with a certain pump and dump group. Been trying to stay away from those guys as a trader, but a couple times they have pumped a coin I was holding. I take advantage of it when I can catch them doing it.

Haven't been doing much trading lately... I was trying to do the day trading thing with some success, but I've been trying to move to the bigger market swings instead. That's slowed things down considerably, because I'm only holding a handful of different coins. I'm waiting for XMR to go above 0.004 again before I make another move, having bought in around 0.002 with my previous SPR trading proceeds.

Yeah, that's how they proceed.
I'm the creator, but I don't have a ton, just 10k myself, which I never sold. We did donate something like 300 euros to Save the Children Italy with it, but I feel it was a failure, should have been much more :(

If I could get a coder onboard I wanted to upgrade the wallet into a PoS coin and maybe try a new project but not for now.

As for the trading, I'm trading forex, but look at alts and bitcoin from time to time.

Time to mine monero this winter?

I surely hope so - my farm consumes about 1kW less vs. mining ETH, which is still more profitable right now.

Had a fairly decent holding stash when XMR jumped like that. I was happy. Would have been happier if that stash was still double what it is now, but I needed the money at the time.

Back