• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 8 network problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xsuperbgx

Benching Team Leader
I seem to have a bunch of unnecessary hassles trying to connect to my router with windows 8 pc's. For some reason it says the connection is untrusted and I cannot connect. I eventually got my main computer to connect and have not had any problems since, but now I am having the same problem with another computer that recently got windows 8.

Is this some security "improvement" or is it a router/windows 8 compatibility issue? Router is netgear wnr3500 v2.

What is saying the connection is untrusted?

If this is a browser, it should tell you why. Most common issue is the time being set wrong.

It won't connect and shows a yellow ! on the lan connection icon in the bottom right. Can't connect at all to internet or to network. I will check the time though.
thanks

Time shouldn't affect that, but it is good to check.

Is it pulling an IP address on the interface you are connecting with? Is this wireless?

It suddenly started working after i shut it down and moved it to work on it. Perhaps it wasn't getting an ip address, but I am not exactly sure. I will move it back to remote area and now try again.
It actually has a wireless and a wired connection that both work now. I think that this router is a bit slow for some reason when changing things around.

Back